Jacuzzi Vs. Sundance

tcbc

I have been looking at spas for a while now and I have narrowed my choices to 2 units, both locally sold and serviced. Both units are new 2006 models. The first is a Jacuzzi J-385 for $8620 and the second is a Sundance Altamar for $8940. I have been told Jacuzzi is the sister company to Sundance so both tubs would seem to be similar in quality. The Jacuzzi is a bigger tub with a few more bells and whistles. I think the customer service would be a little better with the Sundance and it is loaded with options as well. Both models are out the door prices and include stereos w/ floating remotes, steps, covers, start up chemicals and delivery and setup. Any help or comments would be appreciated.

I looked at the jacuzzi line when I was shopping and I really liked the 480 and the 385...I had pretty much settled on the 480 out of the Vita Rendezous, Caldera..(forget the model). For some reason I liked how the back with the waterfalls was higher...just liked the look of it. Wet tested it and felt it was just as good as the Rendezous for a lot less money. The only issue was they didnt have my color choice and when I asked how much cheaper it would be if I order a tub "without" the stereo she told me it was the same price as the one she had on the floor that did have a stereo. Wasnt sure how a item that jacks the price up 1200 to 1500 dollars wouldnt have an affect on the bottom line price if it wasnt included in the package...that pretty much killed the deal for me.

I looked at the jacuzzi line when I was shopping and I really liked the 480 and the 385...I had pretty much settled on the 480 out the Vita Rendezous, Caldera..(forget the model). For some reason I liked how the back with the waterfalls was higher...just liked the look of it. Wet tested it and felt it was just as good as the Rendezous for a lot less money. The only issue was they didnt have my color choice and when I asked how much cheaper it would be if I order a tub "without" the stereo she told me it was the same price as the one she had on the floor that did have a stereo. Wasnt sure how a item that jacks the price up 1200 to 1500 dollars wouldnt have an affect on the bottom line price if it wasnt included in the package...that pretty much killed the deal for me.

They had to sell the floor model, they had money out on that one :D

Are the Jacuzzi spas full foam??? Do they still have the J-385? or was it discontinued for 2007?

Thanks 104 Degrees

Sorry 104 but what does the insulation skeem have to do with the question, just curious.

I like them both, see which one fits your wifes butt better when it's got water in it.!

Sorry 104 but what does the insulation skeem have to do with the question, just curious.

I like them both, see which one fits your wifes butt better when it's got water in it.!

Its no where on there site about insulation. i'm trying to see who is full and who is not. i could care what one or both you like. if you dont have an answer to the quetion keep quiet.

I might have reworded that. :D

I'm not sure on the insulation 104. I have not yet seen the J-385, he is bringing it in. It is a leftover 2006 and the model has been discontinued for 2007. One concern I had was the operating costs of the Jacuzzi vs the Sundance. The Jacuzzi seems to be semi outdated when compared to the Sundance

I'm not sure on the insulation 104. I have not yet seen the J-385, he is bringing it in. It is a leftover 2006 and the model has been discontinued for 2007. One concern I had was the operating costs of the Jacuzzi vs the Sundance. The Jacuzzi seems to be semi outdated when compared to the Sundance

BTW, :D:D My wife's butt will fit in any very well!!

BTW, :D:D My wife's butt will fit in any very well!!

Thank you :D can you please let us know what you find on the j-380

Thank you :D can you please let us know what you find on the j-380

You can do a google search and just about find anything you want out about any hottub..

Insulation Full foam on the 480..

Jacuzzi 480 specs

Another website Jacuzzi tubs that says full foam

Its no where on there site about insulation. i'm trying to see who is full and who is not. i could care what one or both you like. if you dont have an answer to the quetion keep quiet.

Kinda rude?

Sure. Now tell us about the j-380

Us, or you? I personally dont care if its full foam or not. How hard is it to call their number on the website...or email them directly. Are you looking for a full foam?

Actually since I was bored I called them for you...YES it is full foam, the 385 that is!!

Us, or you? I personally dont care if its full foam or not. How hard is it to call their number on the website...or email them directly. Are you looking for a full foam?

Why do you care? are you selling them

I looked at the same two spas. Actually, I looked at what seems like hundreds of spas at a recent homeshow, and we decided on the Altamar. We liked some of the features of the Jacuzzi; like the LBI lights (Low beverage indicatators) but it really came down to fit, and the Sundance fit my wife and I perfectly. We've had the spa for two weeks now, and we absolutely love it. Bought the Altamar with the mahoghany finish. It looks stunning, and it is extremely comfortable. Service from our local Sundance dealer couldn't be any better. The whole process was smooth. We purchased the floor model from the homeshow, and wet tested the same model a few days later just to make sure it was the right fit. The dealership was extremely accomodating and would have refunded our purchase price if we had decided that we didn't want it. Jacuzzi purchased Sundance, and they are similar in many ways. We paid $7995 for ours with the Coverlift III, chemicals, Microfilter, Silveroxide "Spa Frog" and Ozonator. They threw in a spa pillow, which is helpful for my 5 year old, and some really nice Sundance robes. This was AFTER the sale. We didn't get it with a stereo because it wasn't important to us. We preffer silence and conversation while soaking. To each his own. I can't say enough good things about both the experience and the tub itself. We've been soaking happily and hope to for many years. Go with either one and you'll be happy. If you're on the fence between both spas, pick the better of the two dealers for your deciding factor. Hope this helps!

I agree with this...it comes down to fit...it's all about the fit and the service.We looked at both Jacuzzi and Sundance and went with the Sundance for a couple of reasons. The service from the Sundance dealer is stellar in this area and so far that has been true to form. We LOVE the Sundance and we LOVE the dealer and the one thing that was most important was the FIT. I am short and felt so lost in the Jacuzzi..The dealer said to me "no problem, we can sell you a booster seat"...I'm not kidding, she was dead serious. Well, I wasn't going to invest in this kind of money and have to buy a booster seat and a snorkle as well.

pmj

I looked at the same two spas. Actually, I looked at what seems like hundreds of spas at a recent homeshow, and we decided on the Altamar. We liked some of the features of the Jacuzzi; like the LBI lights (Low beverage indicatators) but it really came down to fit, and the Sundance fit my wife and I perfectly. We've had the spa for two weeks now, and we absolutely love it. Bought the Altamar with the mahoghany finish. It looks stunning, and it is extremely comfortable. Service from our local Sundance dealer couldn't be any better. The whole process was smooth. We purchased the floor model from the homeshow, and wet tested the same model a few days later just to make sure it was the right fit. The dealership was extremely accomodating and would have refunded our purchase price if we had decided that we didn't want it. Jacuzzi purchased Sundance, and they are similar in many ways. We paid $7995 for ours with the Coverlift III, chemicals, Microfilter, Silveroxide "Spa Frog" and Ozonator. They threw in a spa pillow, which is helpful for my 5 year old, and some really nice Sundance robes. This was AFTER the sale. We didn't get it with a stereo because it wasn't important to us. We preffer silence and conversation while soaking. To each his own. I can't say enough good things about both the experience and the tub itself. We've been soaking happily and hope to for many years. Go with either one and you'll be happy. If you're on the fence between both spas, pick the better of the two dealers for your deciding factor. Hope this helps!

I agree with this...it comes down to fit...it's all about the fit and the service.We looked at both Jacuzzi and Sundance and went with the Sundance for a couple of reasons. The service from the Sundance dealer is stellar in this area and so far that has been true to form. We LOVE the Sundance and we LOVE the dealer and the one thing that was most important was the FIT. I am short and felt so lost in the Jacuzzi..The dealer said to me "no problem, we can sell you a booster seat"...I'm not kidding, she was dead serious. Well, I wasn't going to invest in this kind of money and have to buy a booster seat and a snorkle as well.

pmj

Thank you both so much for the info! My wife and I had pretty much settled on the Sundance and you guys have helped us confirm that decision. Our dealer has been here in this town for over 40 years and is here to stay. The Sundance is a very impressive tub. I think we will be happy with our choice.

This is GREAT!! This is the tub i picked out to look at. It looks like a nice tub. Thanks for the info.

• 3 months later...

Sundance states their filtration system is superior to Juczzi. Does anybody know if the filtration system in a Sundance tub is superior to all others? My dealer states you will only have to empty your tub every 6 to 9 mts. and change your filater every 6 to 9 mts. and that with slip stream filtration the water would be drinkable. The filter is horizontal and all other tubs it is vertical, does this make a difference?

Jacuzzi and Sundance are made at the same factory. Is Sundance and superior model of Jacuzzi or vice versa?

I haven't bought yet but there is about a $2500.00 difference between Sundance Altamar and Jacuzzi J355. Is it worth the difference? My husband is stuck on the superior filtration and jets are they?

Sundance states their filtration system is superior to Juczzi. Does anybody know if the filtration system in a Sundance tub is superior to all others? My dealer states you will only have to empty your tub every 6 to 9 mts. and change your filater every 6 to 9 mts. and that with slip stream filtration the water would be drinkable. The filter is horizontal and all other tubs it is vertical, does this make a difference?

Jacuzzi and Sundance are made at the same factory. Is Sundance and superior model of Jacuzzi or vice versa?

I haven't bought yet but there is about a $2500.00 difference between Sundance Altamar and Jacuzzi J355. Is it worth the difference? My husband is stuck on the superior filtration and jets are they?

I think this is a case of comparing apples to oranges.

The 300 series Jacuzzi is on the same level of quality and features as the 700 Series Sundance. This would be the main reason for your price difference.

I would either look at the 460 Jacuzzi to bring it on line with the price of the Altamar or take a look at the Sundance Certa to make a comparison to the Jacuzzi 355.

BTW, I think the Sundance filtration is better than Jacuzzi's.

you should drain and fill your hot tub every 3 months your TDS (total dissolved solids) levels should never go above 2000ppm it takes way more Chemicals to sanitize it properly, it is true any tub can go 6-7 months between draining but it's going to cost you way more money in chemicals..

Sundance is owned by Jacuzzi and in my opinion Sundance is a way better tub.

hope this helps

If I were you, I would go look at Costco, because they have a lot more spa better made for about $4k less. Go look :rolleyes: and don't believe all that sales nonsense. Sundance and Jacuzzi are not going to make it. They were almost bankrupt and sold out to a "management" company for about 1/3 of their value from 2000. They have shown continual losses for the last five years. I would not spend any money on a company that uses "exclusive" parts and is in that much financial trouble. Where are you going to find parts for them?

Sundance and Jacuzzi are not going to make it. They were almost bankrupt and sold out to a "management" company for about 1/3 of their value from 2000. They have shown continual losses for the last five years. I would not spend any money on a company that uses "exclusive" parts and is in that much financial trouble. Where are you going to find parts for them?
Please tell me where you got this misinformation. The SEC filing from September 2006 shows a profit of $40,400,000($0.52/share), 2005 a loss of $5,600,000 ($0.07/share), 2004 a profit of $28,400,000($0.37/share), 2003 a loss of $29,000,000 ($0.29/share), and 2002 a profit of $40,900,000 ($0.40/share). As for being almost bankrupt before they were acquired by Apollo Management. The year ending September 30, 2006:

Cash and cash equivalents: $147.2

Working capital: $351.7

Total assets: $1253.7

Total debt: $403.3

Stockholders' equity: $345.5