Cal Spa Volcano Jet

We have a 2004 series 7000 Cal Spa. This seems like an odd question concerning the volcano jet on the bottom of the spa. The jet does not turn to control water flow like the others in the spa but moves up and down. We don't know which position (up or down) slows the water flow down. We have tried different postions but it doesn't seem to make much difference. What position should it be in to slow down or turn off the water flow? We would rather have the small jets that surround the large volcano jet on which is my next question. They are all turned on but the water flow is very low. How can we increase the flow from those small jets.

First time poster.

Thank you in advance for your response

I have a 2006 or 7 cal spa with 60 jets total and 1 is a volcano. I have owned it for 3 months. I recently had issues with 30% of my jets not turning. I found that cheep chemicals were used and/or unbalanced water quality that created a sand or a grit in some of the jets. On a recent decontamination i thoroughly cleaned all the jets by taking them out and putting them in the dishwasher twice! The ones that would not turn were hard to get out. what i found is to turn them on and lift slightly and turn them another 1/8 of turn gets them out.I used a mechanics pick to aid in the removal. All the jets worked this way except of the volcano. I did not take the volcano out. I then shop vac and sucked the grit out of each jet holder. i did not just vac from the bottom so water was still in the lines on the bottom of the tub. my volcano works from a diverter valve on top of tub and it shares with 2 seats in the tub. i don't think the volcano you can turn off at the jet. I feel that your little jets are off with grit and sand/dirt in them and just needs to be cleaned. I think a got a 1/2 pint of sand/grit out of the jets. So plan on extra time on your next refill. If you go to calspa.com you can see the jets and inserts.

hello tumbling dice I recently bought a cal spas ES861LS 2012 and have same issues with the volcano jet.I notice to get any water out of the other bottom jets the diverter valve for the volcano has to be turned on to full blast witch is very annoying when trying to relax. Sometime this week I will go to the dealer and try to resolve this. From what I understand the volcano is always open becauce it is on the heating circulation side of the hot tub. I will get back to you hopefuly with a solution!

• 2 weeks later...

to rectify problem your dealer has to place an order for this part (PLU21703800)jet insert adjustableTornado Whirlpool W/ MTL SS CANDY CANE

This is what Cal Spas Technical Support has suggested after I explain my problem to them

Note: this part is not in the dealer part catalogue they have to contact Cal Spas directly

Good Luck!