Update On Final Four Choices

hamburger

After calling around and trying to find a Sundance Altamar on sale, I tossed that choice out. The remaining 3 were wet tested today and they were the Dimension one Diplomat, tested OK, powerful jet action but, hard to move from seat to seat and the adjustable neck pillows looked cheesy and fragile. Then I tested the Coleman line-up. The prices I quoted here earlier were not standard packages, to my delight the spa salesperson showed me they were for the deluxe versions. The Colemans had a steel frame and the same warranty. Am I missing something here?? What do you think of the Coleman spas, or, give me some pointers here guys and gals. Thanks in advance.

Moving to the Deluxe version of the coleman gets you two pumps on the 471 and two bigger pumps on the 481. Coleman is a fine brand and suddenly they are a lot more evenly matched. Where you are on all three tubs ($5K+ range), I'd say let the wet test guide you. Are the coleman's floor models or could you order at that price? Find out how much for ozone in the Colemans. Then you really are apples to apples with D1. If you like the coleman's best, go for it.

Moving to the Deluxe version of the coleman gets you two pumps on the 471 and two bigger pumps on the 481. Coleman is a fine brand and suddenly they are a lot more evenly matched. Where you are on all three tubs ($5K+ range), I'd say let the wet test guide you. Are the coleman's floor models or could you order at that price? Find out how much for ozone in the Colemans. Then you really are apples to apples with D1. If you like the coleman's best, go for it.

Thanks for the assurance,stl rex. They can order them from the warehouse(Colemans), and have them there in less than a week. They won't be demo's, floor models. I'm now torn between the 471 and 481. I haven't asked about an ozonater yet but, I'm gonna try to make that part of the deal. We also want the lifter by Coleman. Any room for them to play with that price as well?? :blink::P Thre insulation package looks top notch, with the walls backed the way they are.

Go with your gut, for what it's worth in mhop look at hotsprings: they are normally less expensive than D1 and and have some unique features. Steel frame/ wood frame, would not be a selling feature. Most important is: Quality construction, comfort, size , seating preferance, warranty, (get it, read it, dismiss the BS) Dealers credentials and credibility, are far more important than price.

You bargain like I do! A cover lifter retails for somewhere around $150 - $200. Don't let it break the deal. I don't know about ozone. You technically don't need it, but anecdotally, it may make it easier to maintain your water. It's only an oxidization supplement. It's not a replacement for using a true sanitizer (bromine/chlorine or Baqua (if you live on the edge)). Good LucK/

STL-trex

How is it that you know so much about so many spas and you don't work in the spa industry? and why would someone take your advice? for just a consumer? I'm really confused about this whole thing because you are on this board claiming to be just a consumer when your first post was months ago and back then you claimed to have just taken delivery of your new arctic. That was five months ago. Stop playin the game I'm Board.

TBK.

STL-trex

How is it that you know so much about so many spas and you don't work in the spa industry? and why would someone take your advice? for just a consumer? I'm really confused about this whole thing because you are on this board claiming to be just a consumer when your first post was months ago and back then you claimed to have just taken delivery of your new arctic. That was five months ago. Stop playin the game I'm Board.

TBK.

I have no ties to the industry. I challenge you to find a post from me 5 months ago. The earliest you might find a post from me anywhere is August. You made the same comment weeks ago and were rebuffed by non-Arctic members of this forum. Perhaps I did more work in selecting a spa than the average person cares to. I ordered my Arctic on 16 September and took delivery on 10 October. I looked at many brands and share my experiences, opinions and facts when I have them. I kept looking and researching after I ordered and have continued to do so. What exactly are you bored with? I don't hijack every thread with a "Buy Arctic" theme, never have. Do I believe in the product? Sure, or I would not have purchased it. That doesn't prevent me from having opinions on other brands I examined.

Perhaps you would like to share exactly who you are, who you represent or what you own so I can get a better perspective of why my comments bother you so.