Msrp On Sundance Spas

ScubaCurt

Does anyone know where I can find the MSRP on the Sundance Bahia or Marin? I've searched all over but can't find a thing. I was offered the Bahia for 5000 or the Marin for 4400. Finding cost for them are harding than finding an honest politican. Could someone offer some help other than the standard, "Do a search"? thanks

Does anyone know where I can find the MSRP on the Sundance Bahia or Marin? I've searched all over but can't find a thing. I was offered the Bahia for 5000 or the Marin for 4400. Finding cost for them are harding than finding an honest politican. Could someone offer some help other than the standard, "Do a search"? thanks

Are these used spas?

No, these are new, floor closeouts. Full warranty, new filters etc.

If those are the prices you received for two brand new spas, I would recommend you to purchase the Marin because that spa retails for over $7,000. The Bahia retails for about $6,000. Make sure you double-check the models and prices because those prices are EXTREMELY low.

If those are the prices you received for two brand new spas, I would recommend you to purchase the Marin because that spa retails for over $7,000. The Bahia retails for about $6,000. Make sure you double-check the models and prices because those prices are EXTREMELY low.

Thanks Chris. That's the correct models. I eyeballed them yesterday. The new models are coming in and he's wanting to clear out the old models.

Thanks Chris. That's the correct models. I eyeballed them yesterday. The new models are coming in and he's wanting to clear out the old models.

I'm a newbie, but those prices seem reasonable. I'm starting to see that markup is huge and MSRP doesn't mean much. Ever buy a new car at MSRP? It seems like hot tubs are similar. MHO.

I'm a newbie, but those prices seem reasonable. I'm starting to see that markup is huge and MSRP doesn't mean much. Ever buy a new car at MSRP? It seems like hot tubs are similar. MHO.

A spouse of a former co-worker of mine worked for the Marquis factory in Independence, OR. At that time they let their employees purchase a spa at cost (labor and materials). He never would give me an exact dollar amount but he did say his $9K spa (retail) cost him less than half that. Of course you have to add up all the things he didn't get (delivery, setup, support, etc.).

NightRyder

Of course you have to add up all the things he didn't get (delivery, setup, support, etc.).

NightRyder

Before that there are (to name but a FEW) the delivery to the dealer, the dealer's monthly lease for their store, the dealer's business expenses (insurance, etc.), a profit for the dealer to live on, the sales person's commision and THEN the delivery, setup, support, etc. People think there are huge mark-ups on spas but really its just a matter of doing business no different than the furnature store, appliance store, etc.

Before that there are (to name but a FEW) the delivery to the dealer, the dealer's monthly lease for their store, the dealer's business expenses (insurance, etc.), a profit for the dealer to live on, the sales person's commision and THEN the delivery, setup, support, etc. People think there are huge mark-ups on spas but really its just a matter of doing business no different than the furnature store, appliance store, etc.

We also left out profit for the manufacturer. :)

How much someone spends can depend on how close to the manufacturer they can get, but every step has trade-offs in selection, service/support and knowledgeable assistance. For the majority of folks the dealer route is best, and I don't begrudge them their share of the pie, but for some of us DIY types there are ways to save considerable $ and still end up with a good quality spa.

NightRyder

HotSpring dealers only mark their spas up $10.

Terminator

10?? How do you sleep at night!! some spa companies actually pay you to buy them!! :D

HotSpring dealers only mark their spas up $10.

Terminator

10?? How do you sleep at night??some spa companies actually pay you to buy them!! :D

HAHAHAHAHAH LOL HAHAHAHAHAA - Stop it you're killing me Termie. Is that before or after you pay Tammy?

I get $1 for every spa I sell, Tammy gets a nickel, boss gets the rest. When I asked my boss for a raise, he said I can get one anytime I want....sell more hot tubs! :(

Terminator

So you're saying Bill Frist isn't an honest politician? (hailing from TN and all.........)

We also left out profit for the manufacturer. :)

I was only covering it from the dealer standpoint since people seem to think these extreme markups happen there mostly. We certainly could go back to the manufacturer. Maybe we should look at their suppliers as well. If everyone would just work for minimum wage then I could buy things much cheaper and live like a KING (after all, my earnings would of course remain constant ;)).

So you're saying Bill Frist isn't an honest politician? (hailing from TN and all.........)

And I told him so.. lol Along with a handful of other politicans. I once made the offer to a gubertorial candidate to let me have 5 minutes of their time to talk with privately. If he could convince me of his sincerey and honesty I'd work his campaign dutifully for free. I didn't get the 5 minues. :ph34r: