New Spa Technology In Last Few Years

Michael

I've inherited a hot tub that I THOUGHT was pretty new (about 4-5 years old), but whenever I compare it to all of the hot tubs I tend to see for sale nowadays, even from the same manufacturer (Jacuzzi), mine looks pretty darn archaic. Only around 12-15 jets (for a 350-400 gallon tub), and all the same size. . . and heck, it just LOOKS old now.

Has spa technology and style advanced dramatically in the last 5 years or so? Are 5-year old spas always somewhat out-of-date, or did I perhaps get one that was out of date even 5 year ago in terms of number/style of jets and so forth? Was there a period of a short few years that was like a renniasance of spa technology?

I'd be interested in hearing your opinions on the history of the industry!

I've inherited a hot tub that I THOUGHT was pretty new (about 4-5 years old), but whenever I compare it to all of the hot tubs I tend to see for sale nowadays, even from the same manufacturer (Jacuzzi), mine looks pretty darn archaic. Only around 12-15 jets (for a 350-400 gallon tub), and all the same size. . . and heck, it just LOOKS old now.

Has spa technology and style advanced dramatically in the last 5 years or so? Are 5-year old spas always somewhat out-of-date, or did I perhaps get one that was out of date even 5 year ago in terms of number/style of jets and so forth? Was there a period of a short few years that was like a renniasance of spa technology?

I'd be interested in hearing your opinions on the history of the industry!

Michael, in recent years Jacuzzi has undergone some dramatic changes in the manufacturing of their spas, these changes began I believe only 3 years ago so yea your tub would be a totally different animal than the Jacuzzi of today.By all meanS enjoy your inheritance, sometimes the best spas to own are free ones!

• 3 weeks later...

Michael,

Spa Man was right on. The Jacuzzi of 5 years ago vs. todays Jacuzzi, from an appearance standpoint is like night and day. Since the parent company that owns Jacuzzi, purchased Sundance Spas, the features and overall appearance has changed dramatically. This is not to be confused with quality. Like myself, I have worked on Jacuzzi for 20 years and some old time Jacuzzi dealers and service techs will tell you, they were more simple then, with less frills, but they were reliable and built to last. So, while your spa does lack some of the sizzle, it will last a long time. This is not anything against todays Jacuzzi, but anytime more options and features are added to a spa, the chance for any type of failure naturally increases. Enjoy your hot tub. Dave.