Baquaspa And Baquacil

Brent

I looked at the MSDS and labels for both baquacil and baquaspa shock. They both contain the same thing, Hydorgen Peroxide. The only difference is the concentration. To cut down on costs has anybody ever used baquacil shock in a spa? Baquaspa shock is 7.5% concentration and Baquacil shock is 27%. It stands to reason I can use baquacil and only use 2 oz for approximatly the same dose as baquaspa at 7 oz? Does anybody have any other informaion or know of a reason I can't subtitute baquacil for baquaspa?

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

I was told that Baquacil is for (cold water) pools and BaquaSpa is for heated water.

• 3 years later...
I looked at the MSDS and labels for both baquacil and baquaspa shock. They both contain the same thing, Hydorgen Peroxide. The only difference is the concentration. To cut down on costs has anybody ever used baquacil shock in a spa? Baquaspa shock is 7.5% concentration and Baquacil shock is 27%. It stands to reason I can use baquacil and only use 2 oz for approximatly the same dose as baquaspa at 7 oz? Does anybody have any other informaion or know of a reason I can't subtitute baquacil for baquaspa?

Thanks,

Hey Brent, I too am wondering the same thing, we just installed a tub this weekend and got it filled and I have a large supply of pool baquacil left from our summer pool-keeping. Just wondering if you tried it and how did it work? Any info would def be helpful as this is our first experience with a hot tub.

tdf

Thanks,

I used Baqua Spa when our hot tub was new and quickly became very disappointed. Our water was always cloudy and nothing in the BS line cleared it up. I contacted Baqua Spa for help and never heard from them. I contacted Watkins, who is the manufacturer of our Caldaras Spa, and was told to use chlorine which is what they recommend in their users manual. I switched to Brilliance chlorine and have been very happy. Our water stays clear and beautiful. I have used a few of our leftover BS products, ie. calcium hardness increaser and PH raiser etc. because the ingredients are the same according to the labels. It has worked out well so now I'll use up the rest of the leftovers without hesitation.

Hope this helps.

Aubrey's Granny

I agree with you AG. I just opened my spa about three weeks ago. It didn't take very long at all for me to get frustrated with Baqua. There was an overwhelming mildew smell that started about a week after I opened the spa and I could NOT get to go away. I also had a war with my ph and alkalinity levels which were almost off the charts, though the water that had filled the spa initially had been almost perfect with ph and alk. I also experienced a funny green tint to the water and the water was consistently cloudy. I was VERY disappointed with the Baqua products.

At this point, I'm working on getting all my levels balanced now that I've switched to chlorine. But I can already tell that it is going to be a better experience. When I first found this forum -- I was looking for some other people's "directions" about Baqua b/c the salesman at Leslie's had been LESS than helpful -- I couldn't understand why so many people were so AGAINST the biguanide based products. Well, I do understand now!!!! I wish I had taken the words of unhappy users and others knowledgeable of pools and spas rather than thinking I might be one of the lucky *happy* ones.

• 6 years later...

Spa girl from Ohio

I have used Baquacil  for 20 years+ I have a 12x24 kayak pool. I have had great success. Unless something better comes along I will not change. i live in Ohio and this year as you know it has been HOT. lots of pool time. I think my success has come with running my filter 1 hr 4 times a day with my aqua bug sweeping I do very little checking of water parameters. My water is crystal clear I just pour small amounts in and get it into the correct range and let it go. sometimes we brush the sides. water flow is important 

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...