Hot Spring Spa Aria

Hello,

I'd appreciate any information regarding spa pricing. I understand that prices are different in different parts of the country. I live in the southwest and have researched a number of spas, but the Aria (and hot spring spas in general) have proven a challenge in terms of getting pricing information.

I realize everyone has opinions about spas, but I really am most interested in understanding what is a reasonable price for this spa - or what kind of 'wiggle room' exists between the stated price and the actual price.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello,

I'd appreciate any information regarding spa pricing. I understand that prices are different in different parts of the country. I live in the southwest and have researched a number of spas, but the Aria (and hot spring spas in general) have proven a challenge in terms of getting pricing information.

I realize everyone has opinions about spas, but I really am most interested in understanding what is a reasonable price for this spa - or what kind of 'wiggle room' exists between the stated price and the actual price.

That's a new spa so you'll find far less info than you'd find about their other models.

As far as wiggle room, some delaers prive them to allow for it while others set one sales price for all (which I very much prefer) but even then there is sometimes still a little room to negotiate or at least to get them to add on some accessories at cost or better.

In my area the dealer wanted something like $12,400 for the Aria and $9,900 for the Vanguard. The dealer said he could give me up to $800 off if I applied it to "extras" like a cover. At prices like that, there should be no "extras" imho. I think the Aria has the sound system as a standard feature, hence the extra cost.

I found Hot Springs to be overpriced for what you got, at least in my area. I went with a Master Spa tub - much cheaper, all the "extras" thrown in, more power, better design all the way around (again, imho).

In my area the dealer wanted something like $12,400 for the Aria and $9,900 for the Vanguard. The dealer said he could give me up to $800 off if I applied it to "extras" like a cover. At prices like that, there should be no "extras" imho. I think the Aria has the sound system as a standard feature, hence the extra cost.

I went with a Master Spa tub - better design all the way around (again, imho).

While I don't necessarily share that opinion of Master, you did take the courtesy to define it as your opinion (which more people should do) and we're certainly all entitled to that.

Yes, I think there are way too many opinions being expressed on "the best tub". Chances are "the best tub" for me will NOT be the best tub for you. I made my decision on the basis of value and dealer support in my area, combined with several features that I definitely wanted.

By the way, I didn't mean to divert this thread - I just had a feeling that if I mentioned Master Spa, I would get a negative comment from one of the self-appointed experts on this forum. Thanks for not disappointing.

Yes, I think there are way too many opinions being expressed on "the best tub". Chances are "the best tub" for me will NOT be the best tub for you. I made my decision on the basis of value and dealer support in my area, combined with several features that I definitely wanted.

By the way, I didn't mean to divert this thread - I just had a feeling that if I mentioned Master Spa, I would get a negative comment from one of the self-appointed experts on this forum. Thanks for not disappointing.

I have always felt if you walk away from the deal feeling like you got the best deal thats all that matters. I agree with your comment...."Chances are "the best tub" for me will NOT be the best tub for you." There are a lot of reasons why a tub is the best deal for "you", and your right...those same reasons might not be the same for everyone!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am in a completely different side of the country the southeast US but to ship to you from HS manufactured in California should be much less. We sell the Aria at 10k fully loaded and the Vanguard at 8k fully loaded the Vanguard does not have the stereo at that price. Personally I feel the Envoy priced at 9k is a better buy unless you have to have the stereo system. You have to keep in mind we are a high volume dealer and generally have pretty low pricing for HS.

Pricing is going to vary but one thing to remember is each dealer may have a different policy, meaning some will price the spa for what they really feel is its fair price, while some may have it listed with much more room in it. Some dealers (us/we) price things with everything included that most people will want or need (steps, delivery, lifter,cover). Don't feel bad if you are not getting much of a discount if your dealer is one who has already "discounted" the spa from the start. I am sure most dealers always have a small amount of room as we never want to seem inflexible but its more like hundreds not thousands when priced right from the start.

Pricing is going to vary but one thing to remember is each dealer may have a different policy, meaning some will price the spa for what they really feel is its fair price, while some may have it listed with much more room in it. Some dealers (us/we) price things with everything included that most people will want or need (steps, delivery, lifter,cover). Don't feel bad if you are not getting much of a discount if your dealer is one who has already "discounted" the spa from the start. I am sure most dealers always have a small amount of room as we never want to seem inflexible but its more like hundreds not thousands when priced right from the start.

Well said stallion it appears we do business the same way. B)

Hot Spring is giving away an Aria on their website. The contest rules state that the "approximate retail value" of the Aria is $11,500. They also state that they are paying for delivery and setup, so you can assume a dealer's cost would be somewhat more than that. This price does not include any options, either.