Beachcomber

susmari

Hello, would like to hear opinions about the beachcomber. The seller says that their hot tubs have the best insulation on the market, is it true? Thank you for your advice

Beachcomber spas do have excellent insulation. I sold Beachcomber Spas 10 years ago. The basic design has not changed. What I liked most is that the insulation is installed to create a flat bottom so pressure is evenly distributed on the shell. There are no major pressure points. To install all you need is a flat spot because it is level and flat. The insulation also incases the pipes so no vibration therefore no leaks. Beachcomber also stands behind their product. Good support, and strong warranty. I like the product and the fact that they have been around for so long is a testament to the company.

Always glad to offer an opinion. I know several good people who work at Beachcomber here in Southern Cal - they have a nice place here which they are hoping will be the point of major expansion into this market. I have toured this center, and looked very closely at the tubs.

IMO: Good insulation - yes. Best insulation - no. They mount the equipment in a container outside of the spa, which allows them to fully insulate the fourth wall of the tub where others need to carve out a niche for the equipment to go. That is their reason for claiming 'best insulation.' They also claim that is makes the equipment quieter, but in my experience it is about the same.

In their sales pitch they don't want to allow for the heat loss as a result of not having the equipment tucked up close to the tub like everyone else. So I think it's a wash - motors outside, but fourth wall fully insulated. The combination works fine: but I doubt that you would see a savings in dollars compared to a tub with the pumps in the cabinet. In fact, the "Pro Tech" feature costs more to ship and install, though this is generally built in to the prices you see.

They have a lot of nice features, and are very comfortable for most folks. I get the impression they are trying very hard to become the biggest name in tubs.

Hello, would like to hear opinions about the beachcomber. The seller says that their hot tubs have the best insulation on the market, is it true? Thank you for your advice

The insulation is not too advanced, it has been around since 1986 with the pumps sitting out in the cold. The new motors put out a lot of heat and if you don't capture that heat and use it, it becomes costly.

The pumps also freeze very fast if the power to the equipment is cut off for any reason. Some of the dealers recommend that you go out in the freezing cold, unhook and carry the equipment inside your house.

The seating on the Beachcomber is noted for being comfortable, but the top lip of the spa is useless to set things and very uncomfortble to set up out of the spa.

The insulation is not too advanced, it has been around since 1986 with the pumps sitting out in the cold. The new motors put out a lot of heat and if you don't capture that heat and use it, it becomes costly.

The pumps also freeze very fast if the power to the equipment is cut off for any reason. Some of the dealers recommend that you go out in the freezing cold, unhook and carry the equipment inside your house.

The seating on the Beachcomber is noted for being comfortable, but the top lip of the spa is useless to set things and very uncomfortble to set up out of the spa.

Im not a huge fan of Beachcomber, but I will say this it is solid in structure and the molding is consistant and as far as Jim's comment I would say atleast they can mold a spa that has a streight style line. Do I have to show some warped ones from northern Cal?

Im not a huge fan of Beachcomber, but I will say this it is solid in structure and the molding is consistant and as far as Jim's comment I would say atleast they can mold a spa that has a streight style line. Do I have to show some warped ones from northern Cal?

but from the pictures I saw, I wonder if that isn't just a molding issue but maybe also an issue of sitting out in the sun uncovered and warping a bit?

BTW Susmari, Beachcomber is a fine product. Wet test it and see how well it fits/feels.

but from the pictures I saw, I wonder if that isn't just a molding issue but maybe also an issue of sitting out in the sun uncovered and warping a bit?

You are correct it is a molding issue thats been there for years they start out that way and end up worse!!!

• 3 months later...

Beachcomber offers tubs built both ways, with the equipment on the inside and the equipment in an insulated step that is better insulated than most doors on the portable tubs on the market. Look at it next time when you take a door off a portable hot tub, there is no insulation on the door. Beacuse this step is better insulated than a door on a portable it takes longer to freeze. As for vents for heat lose, every manufacturer has some sort of vent. Hot Springs hides it underneath the door and they use a metal grate to prevent mice from getting in. But long story short, they are all pretty similar to where the average tub owner won't see the difference if electricity paid to maintain it. Whats important is are you comfortable in the tub so you will use it.