Help While Waiting For Sundance Service

Mike S.

I have a 99 Sundance Cameo that tripped the breaker while my wife was in it. After talking to the dealer I found by iterative disconnection and flipping on the breaker, that the problem is the ozone generator.

I live in a place where it gets to freezing on nightly basis at this time of year and am currently waiting to get a service appointment (could take as long as two weeks!).

So here are my questions:

1. Can I leave the spa on with the ozone generator disconnected without 'hurting' the spa until it can be "fixed"?

If so, is there anything I need to do other then just leave it disconnected?

2. Is it normal to wait this long for service? Is there an option other then working directly with the local dealer for service?

3. Is this something I can "repair" myself with the purchase of parts? If so, then what's a good way to start on this path?

Thanks!

Mike

I have a 99 Sundance Cameo that tripped the breaker while my wife was in it. After talking to the dealer I found by iterative disconnection and flipping on the breaker, that the problem is the ozone generator.

I live in a place where it gets to freezing on nightly basis at this time of year and am currently waiting to get a service appointment (could take as long as two weeks!).

So here are my questions:

1. Can I leave the spa on with the ozone generator disconnected without 'hurting' the spa until it can be "fixed"?

If so, is there anything I need to do other then just leave it disconnected?

2. Is it normal to wait this long for service? Is there an option other then working directly with the local dealer for service?

3. Is this something I can "repair" myself with the purchase of parts? If so, then what's a good way to start on this path?

Thanks!

Mike

Yes, unplug the ozone generator.

Yes, there is a shortage of good service people, but most any serivice company can get you a new ozone generator.

Yes, changing an ozone generator is very easy.

You can buy them online and save some bucks.

Yes, unplug the ozone generator.

Yes, there is a shortage of good service people, but most any serivice company can get you a new ozone generator.

Yes, changing an ozone generator is very easy.

You can buy them online and save some bucks.

I'm with Jim on all counts (can't believe I said this)

We however have a pretty good service base in my area. But I don't think you need one.

You're up early for a Sunday morning Roger!

I also agree - and I would add one thought:

You might want to try running your spa without the ozone for awhile. I have had customers who can tell the very minute their ozone stops but most cannot.

You're up early for a Sunday morning Roger!

I also agree - and I would add one thought:

You might want to try running your spa without the ozone for awhile. I have had customers who can tell the very minute their ozone stops but most cannot.

Speaking of up early. Aren't you a couple times zones earlier? or later. 5-6 Oclock everyday for me. Oldest boy wants to go bird hunting. He'll be up soon.

I have had mine disconected for a few months now and my water has been a bit cloudy lately, but I am not blaming the O3 generator I am blaming me not using it much or adding dichlor, my bad.