Viking Spa Issues

Recently bought a Viking spa from a private seller, I believe it is a 2005 Viking Eclipse. Anyways, it has a Balboa VKV500 pack in it. Well, I have managed to get everything working but high speed on the jets. When I try and kick the jets on high, it hums loud for about 2 seconds and then shuts off the spa. What is confusing me is the back of the control pack lid has the illustration of the different components in the spa, well, it states that it is a 120v pump, 220v heater, and 12v light. There is a 230v pump in the spa. Is it a typo on the illustration or has someone at some point and time put a 230v pump into a 120v system? Jets work fine on low speed. If it is supposed to be a 230v pump, what would cause it to hum? I don't think its a low power to the spa issue, as all the wiring is new. Any thoughts?

Well, just my luck. I had found a VS501Z pack on ebay, used but less than a year old I was planning on getting to save some money over buying a new one. Well, long story short I remembered 10 minutes after it was over and didn't get it. So any thoughts where the best place to get one? Or the chances of finding a good used one?

Unplugged black wire, and high speed works. So my motor is good, which is a relief. Changing the relay isn't a problem, however figuring out which one is the right one, well thats another story. Going to try and see if I can find that information anywhere. While I was at it, I plugged the black wire back in and unplugged the red wire and powered it back up. Jets came back on low like normal. Pushed the button to go to high and the low should have shut off, correct? Long story short, they didn't. So the low speed relay is apparently stuck.

• 6 years later...