Hydo Spa Jets Falling Out! They Are No Help!

gotfive

:( MAN these guys do not care about there customers i bougt my hydro spa in june of 2004 by december my jets tarted falling out by sept 2005 most of them where falling out !! THIS IS NOT my first hot tub i never had this problem before useing bromine when i called hydro spa they told me it was not under the warrenty that the chemicals where to blame WHAT A COPOUT TO COVER UP A CHEAP PRODUCT THESE JETS SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN PRODUCED!!!! NOW THE JETS ARE 12.00 EACH ABOUT 200.00 YEAR JETS THATS WHAT I FIGURE , I AM NOT THE ONLY GUY WITH THIS PROBLEM THEY NEED TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND CHANGE THERE JETS AND STOP TELLING PEOPLE THAT ITS LIKE CHANGING THE WIPERS ON YOUR CAR , MAINTANCE THATS WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE Said !!!!!!!!!!! Want to buy a Spa cheap here it is !!!!1

:( MAN these guys do not care about there customers i bougt my hydro spa in june of 2004 by december my jets tarted falling out by sept 2005 most of them where falling out !! THIS IS NOT my first hot tub i never had this problem before useing bromine when i called hydro spa they told me it was not under the warrenty that the chemicals where to blame WHAT A COPOUT TO COVER UP A CHEAP PRODUCT THESE JETS SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN PRODUCED!!!! NOW THE JETS ARE 12.00 EACH ABOUT 200.00 YEAR JETS THATS WHAT I FIGURE , I AM NOT THE ONLY GUY WITH THIS PROBLEM THEY NEED TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND CHANGE THERE JETS AND STOP TELLING PEOPLE THAT ITS LIKE CHANGING THE WIPERS ON YOUR CAR , MAINTANCE THATS WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE Said !!!!!!!!!!! Want to buy a Spa cheap here it is !!!!1

I'm a newbie here with a similar past experience, so I can totally understand your frustration. I have learned a lot in the last couple of days, about the Dealer's responsibilty too. I'm actually thinking about buying another Hydro Spa, believe it or not, through a better dealer who promises to address these problems personally. Have you had any luck with the company you bought it from?

In all fairness to Hydro Spa when I was selling "another brand of spa" I have seen first hand what the adveres effects of bromine and poor water conditions can cause to the white plastic on the backs of the jets. The bromine if not used correctly will totally disinegrate the entire back assembly of the jets. Solution :maintain water correctly! Of course the answer is always "I maintained it correctly" my response is and had to be "no ya didn't" Keep in mind that many companies use the same jets in their spas with the same outcome :poor water chemistry = disinegrated jets! Good Luck! B)

There are very few spa manufacturers that construct their own jets "in-house". Most likely they are a Water Way product, or one of the other spa plumbing parts companies. Basically on delivery though, a jet either works, or it does not. If it stays in place when you install it, normally it is an indication that it is working. If they start popping out at a later time, something, or someone has played a part in the failing of the part (meaning they wont generally fail just sitting there). There are occations where a jet or two can be defective sure, anythings possible right, but if you called and said all of your jets were having a problem that sounds less and less like a manufacturing problem, and more like a user issue.

Is it possible your not getting them locked into place properly, or are the tabs infact damaged? They can sometimes be a real bear to lock in right. Does your owners manual talk about them at all?

Typically though if they are a waterway type jet, there are very small clips that hold the internal into the jet body. If those tabs get bent or broken they will not lock into place. If a chemical build up started to happen it would also impeed locking those internals in place. You may be able to address the issue direct with the manufacturer of the jets themselves, or possibly just get a new ring that has the locking tabs on them.

Wow! From a "newbie" viewpoint, THIS is what I'm looking for! I feel thoroughly "schooled". This information is invaluable! It totally takes away any anxiety that comes from having at least "the occaisional jet pop out", and offers EVERY way possible to rectify the problem. It also steers us in the right direction for more answers or resolutions. It looks to me like this, along with some of the other great information here, could be "cut and paste" into our own personal manuel to use any time, over the years.

( At least with respect to the manufacturer above, I have to say there is, not a whole heck of al ot of "troubleshooting" information listed. The manuel is listed on the web site in full.)

Maybe, if we were armed with more information like this above in the first place, it would deter us consumers from our first reaction to make an nervous onslaught of calls requesting answers, trying all recommendations listed, and then making calls for help as a last resort....

There are very few spa manufacturers that construct their own jets "in-house". Most likely they are a Water Way product, or one of the other spa plumbing parts companies. Basically on delivery though, a jet either works, or it does not. If it stays in place when you install it, normally it is an indication that it is working. If they start popping out at a later time, something, or someone has played a part in the failing of the part (meaning they wont generally fail just sitting there). There are occations where a jet or two can be defective sure, anythings possible right, but if you called and said all of your jets were having a problem that sounds less and less like a manufacturing problem, and more like a user issue.

Is it possible your not getting them locked into place properly, or are the tabs infact damaged? They can sometimes be a real bear to lock in right. Does your owners manual talk about them at all?

Typically though if they are a waterway type jet, there are very small clips that hold the internal into the jet body. If those tabs get bent or broken they will not lock into place. If a chemical build up started to happen it would also impeed locking those internals in place. You may be able to address the issue direct with the manufacturer of the jets themselves, or possibly just get a new ring that has the locking tabs on them.

There have been material issues in the past with some jets so you never know for sure. The dealer/manufacturer has to take the lead on this. It's best not to assume too much either way until it's investigated.