jandowood

Currently own (for the past 2 months) a 2012 Sundance 880 Optima with 24hr circulation pump, Clearray UV light, 2 part filtration system (inside / outside microclean filtration, with floating skimmer). Sanitation system is the 4 month Sunpurity silver ion cartridge / MPS / shock / UV light.

TRUE OR FALSE (provide comments too! :D ):

1) Dealer recommends NOT running the jet pumps after adding shock / MPS / chemical as the circ pump is fine. However, Sundance manual says to run jet pumps for 15 - 20 minutes afterwards.

2) Dealer recommends keeping the spa cover open for 40 minutes after adding chlorine shock to protect the cover.

3) Dealer reommends keeping the spa cover open for 40 minutes after adding MPS Chlorine-Free Oxidizer to protect the cover.

4) Nature2 cartridges can replace the Sunpurity cartridges.

5) Hot tubs / spas are awesome!!!

6) My current sanitation system is correct for silver ion cartridges (per deal recommendations): Add MPS after each use, add shock about once a week. Use test strips before each use, add chemical if required after each use.

Thanks!

Here is what I think:

1) Circ pump is good enough; it circulates the entire water volume once every 12 minutes or so. Sometimes I turn on the jet pumps just for about 30 seconds as I add stuff just to make sure it mixes in well at the start to dissolve.

2) I agree, the 40 minutes is quite a bit. I usually do about 20 min or so. It makes sense to leave it open to prevent the chlorine off gas damaging the cover.

3) Not too sure about needing the cover open for this one at all. MPS is a non-chlorine oxidizer, so I don't think there is any off gasses or such that could damage the cover. I'm thinking of just covering the spa up as soon as I add it, especially in our cold Canadian winters.

4) Agree, both are the same. I'm thinking of buying the Nature2 in bulk to save some $$$ instead of the Sunpurity. Anyone else do this?

5) Yes, they are awesome!

6) Think this method is good. Been having stable water chemistry and decent sanitation. No issues so far!