Wavetec

Dawn

My pool is finally complete. Actually, the longest part of this whole process was waiting for the "redtape" to get completed. This was EXTREMELY frustrating, but if you can deal w/ that, the pool itself is great.

Mike Germano and his crew started my pool on 10/03/2005 and less than 2 weeks later it is done. The pool is beautiful and Mike and his crew were FABULOUS!!

Anyone out there wondering if Wavetec is a good way to go, I was very skeptical, but am now extremely pleased. Just wish it didn't take 3 months from the date the contract was signed to start bulding.....

My pool is finally complete. Actually, the longest part of this whole process was waiting for the "redtape" to get completed. This was EXTREMELY frustrating, but if you can deal w/ that, the pool itself is great.

Mike Germano and his crew started my pool on 10/03/2005 and less than 2 weeks later it is done. The pool is beautiful and Mike and his crew were FABULOUS!!

Anyone out there wondering if Wavetec is a good way to go, I was very skeptical, but am now extremely pleased. Just wish it didn't take 3 months from the date the contract was signed to start bulding.....

Are you in El Paso, TX area? If you are please let me know who was your contractor. At least mine has not shown up in 3 weeks now. This make it close to 4 months with since they started the pool. My pool is the same hazardous shape and Wave Tec will not answer or return phone calls. I know it is not only me. I have seen 4 more pools that contractor from Wave Tec have not shown up in weeks.

The good thing is that you did not have to go to what we are going thru now. Also, I have also seen pools that were finished and now they were emptied since big time leaks within the liners.

Enjoy your pool

Are you in El Paso, TX area? If you are please let me know who was your contractor. At least mine has not shown up in 3 weeks now. This make it close to 4 months with since they started the pool. My pool is the same hazardous shape and Wave Tec will not answer or return phone calls. I know it is not only me. I have seen 4 more pools that contractor from Wave Tec have not shown up in weeks.

The good thing is that you did not have to go to what we are going thru now. Also, I have also seen pools that were finished and now they were emptied since big time leaks within the liners.

Enjoy your pool

You need to take a look at your contract....If there is a completion date on there, you need to call Wavetec and advise them that you will be contacting an attorney if the job is not completed on schedule.....If it is past the completion date, then I would definitely get one.... Better yet, call Wavetec and ask for Marianne in customer service and see if she can help, maybe even get you another contractor.... Sounds like Wavetec needs to be aware of the contractor and his ethics....

My liner doesn't leak, sounds like it was placed incorrectly....If there are tears, Wavetc needs to replace it, since the liner has a 15 year warranty...

Try contacting Marianne and see if she can help....she was really great for me...

PS - I am in Fort Worth, TX

Dawn sounds like an employee of wave tec. I've never seen a better reference for the company. If your really a customer then your lucky to be completed. We've had nothing but lies and no progress since June here in EL paso. With 30+ pools started and 0 completed I'd say that is one of the worst records in pool building history. Post a picture of your pool and show us the quality work. If you dont want to post it then please email us a picture ( yaesumike@excite.com )

Good luck with the pool,

Mike

Mike, I am sorry you are having so many problems.... Please read my post again.... I was not w/out problems, trust me! I wouldn't be telling someone to hire an attorney if I was an employee.... As a matter of fact, until wavetec introduced me to Marianne, I was irate and extremely frustrated w/ this whole experience.... A few months ago (before PoolSearch changed their format) there were some other good references and I didn't believe either, but now that I've had some decent treatment and my pool is done, I can say these things.... I think the whole process from the time you contact wavetec until they finally start your pool is RIDICULOUS , since it should NEVER take that long, so I DO have my issues w/ them. I hope anyone that is having problems takes my advice and reports any contractors that are incompetent and also tries calling Marianne to see if she can help. I make no promises, but it is worth a shot.... Worked for me.

Dawn sounds like an employee of wave tec. I've never seen a better reference for the company. If your really a customer then your lucky to be completed. We've had nothing but lies and no progress since June here in EL paso. With 30+ pools started and 0 completed I'd say that is one of the worst records in pool building history. Post a picture of your pool and show us the quality work. If you dont want to post it then please email us a picture ( yaesumike@excite.com )

Good luck with the pool,

Mike

• 5 weeks later...

Dawn, they must have been working on your pool while mine has become a rotting pile of dirt. Oh, well...at least they are working on some of the pools in the area. I'm so mad I could scream. There is a huge hole in our backyard for over 2 months. Not to mention the 2 1/2 months it took them to start it. Any suggestions?

Good luck with the pool,

Mike

hahardy2005@yahoo.com

Mike I'm going to send you a pic of our disaster.

• 6 months later...

Mike, I am sorry you are having so many problems.... Please read my post again.... I was not w/out problems, trust me! I wouldn't be telling someone to hire an attorney if I was an employee.... As a matter of fact, until wavetec introduced me to Marianne, I was irate and extremely frustrated w/ this whole experience.... A few months ago (before PoolSearch changed their format) there were some other good references and I didn't believe either, but now that I've had some decent treatment and my pool is done, I can say these things.... I think the whole process from the time you contact wavetec until they finally start your pool is RIDICULOUS , since it should NEVER take that long, so I DO have my issues w/ them. I hope anyone that is having problems takes my advice and reports any contractors that are incompetent and also tries calling Marianne to see if she can help. I make no promises, but it is worth a shot.... Worked for me.

Dawn,

You are totally incorrect regarding the liner warranty and I suggest you read your paperwork a little closer. First off, the liners are made by a company called Fox Pools. They are the ones that came up with the whole Fox x-brace system, which is what Wavetec uses to build their pools. The liner warranty is for 1 year, and does not cover tearing, cutting, installation issues, etc. I have a copy of the liner warranty from the sales manager and would be happy to share it with you or any one else. Bivs

Good luck with the pool,

Mike

DUD!!!!!!!!Does everybody that says something good about Wavetec is a employee???????????????I am going to send you some pictures tonight----WAVE TEC ARE GREAT

Where are the pictures RUSTYC? Post em or shut up... And make sure we know the address or we'll assume it's another lie.

Please visit our family website for pictures of the pool. Need to see more. I have pictures of the total process taken daily from the day the outline was drawn until the kids jumped in for the first time. I will not give you my address because what is there to verify. The pool is built and beautiful. If anyone is interested in the pool process I will be happy to provide pictures of the over all results. This was a wonderful investment and my kids are the hit of the neighborhood... The only thing left to do now is have lots of summer pool fun...So Mike the WaveTec office is open all during the week even Saturday. I know because we visited them at least 5 times before groundbreaking to ask questions we had about the process and even went down there on a Saturday to replace a part of the vacuum that I broke. They took me through the factory and handed it to me with no charge. Maybe you should get a few of you El Paso group together and complain in person. You can even enjoy the new speed limit on the way..... Hope this helps with your problems....Rustyc

http://www.geocites.com/bunnytoo4u/Cox_Family.html

Rustyc,

I fell better now, I'm such a jerk. Your the man. Hope you payed 2005 taxes.

Thanks for your concern but my escrow takes care of that for me...I don't know what this has to do with the pool situation, but I am glad you feel better....Oh by the way when you get to Georgetown eat at Dos Salsas its excellent, The Attorney General is only a 20 minute drive, and if all doesn't go well you can at least have a margarita....

Rustyc

A margarita sounds good. As for the Attorney General, his ears are full of info on wave tec. The class action lawsuit was the best option for its ripped off customers down here. Whats funny is the suit was started in your neck of the woods. Anyway we'll let the courts do thier job now.

I just contact attorney general on the computer and was told no complaints have been filed on wave tec pools at this time-----Hum--before you open your mouth check YOUR SOURCES----next time use spell check

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

RUSTYC,

Sorry most of us are not as dumb as you. I guess your pen pals with George Bush too. Anyone really wanting the truth about this class action case is more than welcome to call my house. And if you want to really show RUSTYC up just call the Attorney General's Office Tuesdays (when it's open). Then his lies will be stopped. As for my grammer-typing skills who give's a ****, this is the internet asshole not grammer class. As for wave tec they have had several class action cases tryed on them over the last few years. The BBB speaks the truth about them. You protect them because you have something to gain (or you think so in that small brain of yours).

• 4 weeks later...

Frustrated in College Station, TX...Wave Tec (sorry to say) installed our pool starting in Aug. 2004. They filled it on Jan. 20, 2005 for the first time, realized it was leaking and drained it. After 3 drains and fills (on my water bill) they determined that the liner was torn. Since then, 1 1/2 yr ago, we have had constant contact with each NEW service representative at Wave Tec to have it repaired AGAIN. Now, the liner has turned into a water bed and the liner has removed itself from the pool wall. The equiptment does not work properly, like when you turn on the spa, other jets run, and the spa will never shut off, even when the valve is on OFF. Our installer left the state, I wonder why?? Thanks, Tony!! Mark in the service dept. at Wave Tec just told me today, 6/21/06, that they can't do anything to help us. After speaking to a reputable pool installer in Houston, we found this site. I am sorry for all whom are suffering with what should be great family fun, however when our liner peeled away from the wall with our 2 small children in the pool, we are a little more stressed than before. We are ready to sell our new home, just to be rid of this mess. Lesson learned, I'll do my homework better before we put another pool in.

***If anyone has found a way to make Wave Tec honor their product, please send it on. We are considering filling it in...that bad.

CONSIDERING WAVE TEC...THINK AGAIN!!!!!

POOL FOOL

• 4 years later...

A margarita sounds good. As for the Attorney General, his ears are full of info on wave tec. The class action lawsuit was the best option for its ripped off customers down here. Whats funny is the suit was started in your neck of the woods. Anyway we'll let the courts do thier job now.

I had wave tec install a pool in 2005. So far I have replaced the entire filter system, 3 motors, 1 pump and had the liner come free from the walls. I gave up trying to have them repair or replace anything after being ignored for 2 years. I have been paying on the loan with Bayview for 5 1/2 yrs and my principle has come down just $3,000. So please let me know what is going on to help me and others who have been ripped off!!! Greatly would appreciate it!!!