5,000 Bucks?

"Costco will, no questions asked and that is better then any dealer support as most of that is lipservice in the firstplace."

I am curious, have you ever had your tub serviced? I see a lot of posts on here about how over rated dealer support is and it mostly comes from people who have brand new tubs for like 3 months. I can tell you from experience that when your tub stops working in the dead of winter and you have to worry about it freezing local dealer support becomes a very big deal. It's like one of those things you never think about until you need it but some night in the winter when you go out to your tub and it isn't working and you water is getting warm you'll change your tune.

I'm not saying I don't think the costco is a great tub for certain people, but lack of local dealer support is something that IMO is very good to have.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Costco will, no questions asked and that is better then any dealer support as most of that is lipservice in the firstplace."

I am curious, have you ever had your tub serviced? I see a lot of posts on here about how over rated dealer support is and it mostly comes from people who have brand new tubs for like 3 months. I can tell you from experience that when your tub stops working in the dead of winter and you have to worry about it freezing local dealer support becomes a very big deal. It's like one of those things you never think about until you need it but some night in the winter when you go out to your tub and it isn't working and you water is getting warm you'll change your tune.

I'm not saying I don't think the costco is a great tub for certain people, but lack of local dealer support is something that IMO is very good to have.

I had this happen in winter when my heater took a dump, the service guy was there that day. Great reply.

104---John

I had this happen in winter when my heater took a dump, the service guy was there that day. Great reply.

104---John

Money will motivate any dealer. and as a matter of fact Hydrospa contracts with alot of dealership techs. I think my local hotsprings store will service my spa under warranty from hydrospa. kinda funny huh.

Money will motivate any dealer. and as a matter of fact Hydrospa contracts with alot of dealership techs. I think my local hotsprings store will service my spa under warranty from hydrospa. kinda funny huh.

Nordic flipped the bill twice. You said you"think" they will fix your tub?? What is it??

Waterline Spa's will service hydrospa in the Central Florida area. They are who delivered mine after picking it up at costco. The manager told me to call them if I had any issues. Might be good to see if any local dealers will work on them before you buy.

I think in the fact that was a year ago when I purchaseed my spa and I called to see how a florida based company would service my spa should I have the need and they informed me that they have contracts with many dealerships accross the usa and I think it was hotsprings that they said is my authorized contacted repar point should I need. I don't remember as I have never had a issue to date. If I do and the company refuses to fix my spa I will simply return it for a full refund.

I think in the fact that was a year ago when I purchaseed my spa and I called to see how a florida based company would service my spa should I have the need and they informed me that they have contracts with many dealerships accross the usa and I think it was hotsprings that they said is my authorized contacted repar point should I need. I don't remember as I have never had a issue to date. If I do and the company refuses to fix my spa I will simply return it for a full refund.

when does the return policy end?. I would of called and verified who would be fixing it if it needed it before i bought it. i seen theses tubs at sams"i think" and i said to my girlfriend( dont expect anybody to run and fix it). we need to get someone out fast when its 20 to 30 below zero where i am, a luxury you have in the warmer climates"you can wait a month with out it freezing up.

when does the return policy end?. I would of called and verified who would be fixing it if it needed it before i bought it. i seen theses tubs at sams"i think" and i said to my girlfriend( dont expect anybody to run and fix it). we need to get someone out fast when its 20 to 30 below zero where i am, a luxury you have in the warmer climates"you can wait a month with out it freezing up.

If mine freezes from lack of service like your worst case nightmare. I will still get all of my money back. That I know :lol:

Go look at Costco .com........no end. I know! and fyi If I don't recall something exact then for me I'd rather use " I think" rather then be in error.

So 10 years from now you can "you think"return it for a full refund or a new tub?????

So 10 years from now you can "you think"return it for a full refund or a new tub?????

I would return it when the pump burns out in 4-5 years. Get a more modern one. If they give you a full refund heck I would only wait 3-4 years and get another. I'tll only cost ya whatever the new ones are difference, and I find it easy to move tubs. Matter of fact I find it hard to believe no one takes advantage of it like I am talking.

There are several 5000$ and under spas out there and I think the best way for you to choose is to see how many you can sit in preferably wet and get comfortable with where your buying it, then look closely at fit and finnish

I would return it when the pump burns out in 4-5 years. Get a more modern one. If they give you a full refund heck I would only wait 3-4 years and get another. I'tll only cost ya whatever the new ones are difference, and I find it easy to move tubs. Matter of fact I find it hard to believe no one takes advantage of it like I am talking.

There are several 5000$ and under spas out there and I think the best way for you to choose is to see how many you can sit in preferably wet and get comfortable with where your buying it, then look closely at fit and finnish

Very true Roger.

As in he is talking out his....... sure. I love it when someone talks as if they know but in this case he doesen't. and I dont think a side job repair tech is a pro in anyones book but rather a handyman.

I am done........nice argument:)

Do you work for the tub maker or costco??

Do you work for the tub maker or costco??

Kinda sounds like that to me too. I can tell you all from experience that returning a tub sounds like a piece of cake, but it isnt that easy. I think the PEII is barely worth the $4k it cost me. After my experience with Hydrospa tubs there is no way in hell I would consider paying $5k. Particularly when you can buy a good brand name tub from COSTCO or a reputable dealer for not much more than that. The few bells and whistles (multi-colored light, stereo and a few extra jets) just are not worth the aggravation and incredibly high operating costs of the Hydrospa tubs.

Kinda sounds like that to me too. I can tell you all from experience that returning a tub sounds like a piece of cake, but it isnt that easy. I think the PEII is barely worth the $4k it cost me. After my experience with Hydropsa tubs there is no way in hell I would consider paying $5k. Particularly when you can buy a good brand name tub from COSTCO or a reputable dealer for not much more than that. The few bells and whistles (multi-colored light, stereo and a few extra jets) just are not worth the aggravation and incredibly high operating costs of the Hydrospa tubs.

is hydrospa sold at Costco??? i seen Jacuzzi at sams the other day.Go figure :o

COSTCO sells Hydropa in stores as Platinum Elite and now Legend. It also sells several others online including HotSpring model.

sorry to jump in the middle here... But i was thinking of buying the infinity sun peak spa sold at costco.com, and was kinda wondering what anyone thought about infinity brand? it got a 10 out of 10 on a web site called poolandsparatings.com thank you for any input

Roger has never opened up a Costco spa, worked on one let alone seen one so just realize this is his opionion only.

Roger has opened up 20-30 Hydrospas. Heck maybe even more. Big box stores sell spas and change about every 2-3 years. How many different brands have you worked on Soaker, so I can get some value on your opinion?

sorry to jump in the middle here... But i was thinking of buying the infinity sun peak spa sold at costco.com, and was kinda wondering what anyone thought about infinity brand? it got a 10 out of 10 on a web site called poolandsparatings.com thank you for any input

Some look like there a master spa? The lower cost ones look to be expensive for what you get <_<