5,000 Bucks?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a good hot tub for 5,000 dollars??

Thanks 104 Degrees

I did a similar search myself, and found that Nordic is one of the few good brands in that price range. Of course, most of their tubs are round, which may or may not work for you. A lot of the higher-end companies sell smaller tubs from their "other" brands in that range- Sundance's 600 or 700 series, Hot Spring's Tiger River, etc.

I did a similar search myself, and found that Nordic is one of the few good brands in that price range. Of course, most of their tubs are round, which may or may not work for you. A lot of the higher-end companies sell smaller tubs from their "other" brands in that range- Sundance's 600 or 700 series, Hot Spring's Tiger River, etc.

Thank you for your Responce. I do have a Nordic Crown XL that i got in 2004. I just thought i would ask around and see if there was something"new" on the market. It does appear that nordic has this part of the market. I sent an E mail to nordic this morning to ask them to put Neck jets in the deep seat of the crown to make it that much better. I hope they do this Because we are looking to "upgrade" and we might just get another Crown. Again thank you and what tub did you get??

104 Degrees---John

Thank you for your Responce. I do have a Nordic Crown XL that i got in 2004. I just thought i would ask around and see if there was something"new" on the market. It does appear that nordic has this part of the market. I sent an E mail to nordic this morning to ask them to put Neck jets in the deep seat of the crown to make it that much better. I hope they do this Because we are looking to "upgrade" and we might just get another Crown. Again thank you and what tub did you get??

104 Degrees---John

I think mine out the door was $5200.00 at Costco. http://www.platinumhottubs.com//

Others would disagree but I think its a good tub. I think the neck/shoulder jets in this model are the bomb. Its one of my favorite seats!

I think mine out the door was $5200.00 at Costco. http://www.platinumhottubs.com//

Others would disagree but I think its a good tub. I think the neck/shoulder jets in this model are the bomb. Its one of my favorite seats!

Thats a nice looking tub. How long have you had it??

I have had the same tub for over a year with no issues and no regrets.

It does look good. Ive been at costco and have not seen theses. I was in Sams the other day and seen thay are selling the Jaccuzi brand.

Is there a good hot tub for 5,000 dollars??

Thanks 104 Degrees

Great Lakes makes several models at or below 5000 bucks. And Nordic as mentioned. Also there is the Everyday Line from Marquis or the Tiger River line from Watkins (Hot Springs) Or the @Home from Dimension One, And many others that have proven themselves over time as being reliable and a good value. They come with dealer backing, support and installation.

Thats a nice looking tub. How long have you had it??

I bought mine back in the beginning of February for my birthday. If you check out my post http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2958

you will see more info that I posted on my experience.

Most of the post you read on here about costco/hydrospa are over their last years models so I cant tell you much about them. I however purchased the Legend model which is the same as the link I posted earlier in thread.

There will be some that try and steer you away from these tubs because you dont get dealer support and that is something to think about. Whichever way you go I am sure you will enjoy it if you get a good tub with no issues . If you have any more questions just ask....

Great Lakes makes several models at or below 5000 bucks. And Nordic as mentioned. Also there is the Everyday Line from Marquis or the Tiger River line from Watkins (Hot Springs) Or the @Home from Dimension One, And many others that have proven themselves over time as being reliable and a good value. They come with dealer backing, support and installation.

What's missing in the above products is a ozoneator, waterfall, led lighting package, stereo with a sub. blower and a pump and about half of the jets you would have recived in the Legend elite. As to insulation, thy are insulated well( Legend elite spa). If you look at Hydrospa, they have been makeing spas for many years (20plus)succesfully and the warranty is a very comprehensive warranty with a life time return policy from Costco that no dealer will give. Also remember that a dealer only dispactches a tech should you need one. same goes with the Legend elite. If service is needed simply call customer service and they will dispatch a tech if needed, same as any dealer would. This is a excellent value in todays spa market so look for yourself and don't rely on a salesman to guid you. The spa is easilly transported in a pickup or better yet, a flatbed trailer. If you don't feel comfortable moveing the spa most dealers will be happy to move your spa for a couple hundred dollars depending on where you live.

What's missing in the above products is a ozoneator, waterfall, led lighting package, stereo with a sub. blower and a pump and about half of the jets you would have recived in the Legend elite. As to insulation, thy are insulated well( Legend elite spa). If you look at Hydrospa, they have been makeing spas for many years (20plus)succesfully and the warranty is a very comprehensive warranty with a life time return policy from Costco that no dealer will give. Also remember that a dealer only dispactches a tech should you need one. same goes with the Legend elite. If service is needed simply call customer service and they will dispatch a tech if needed, same as any dealer would. This is a excellent value in todays spa market so look for yourself and don't rely on a salesman to guid you. The spa is easilly transported in a pickup or better yet, a flatbed trailer. If you don't feel comfortable moveing the spa most dealers will be happy to move your spa for a couple hundred dollars depending on where you live.

I just learned from my new Nordic dealer, the Crown XL now has 4 more jets and the water line lights and crome jets. You go nordic.

I didnt think that there was this many tubs for 5 or less. I will look at all mentioned.

I just learned from my new Nordic dealer, the Crown XL now has 4 more jets and the water line lights and crome jets. You go nordic.

I didnt think that there was this many tubs for 5 or less. I will look at all mentioned.

Look at the details you'll see a huge differance:

Crown XL:

DIAMETER 84" (213.36 cm)

DEPTH 40" (101.6 cm)

TURBO/WHIRLPOOL JETS 2

ULTRA THERAPY JETS 3

HYDRO THERAPY JETS 5

SHOULDER/NECK MASSAGE JETS 6

CLUSTER DIRECTIONAL JETS 11

FOOT/KNEE THERAPY JETS 2

OZONE READY JET 1

TOTAL JETS AVAILABLE 30

HEATER Titanium

VOLTS/AMPS 240V 50 Amp

International: 230V 50Hz 32 Amp

SEATING Type: Varied Levels

Capacity: 6 Adults

SHELL Material: PermaShell

Colors: Blue Marble, Gray Marble, Gray Stone, Sand Stone, Silver Essence, Bronze Essence, Blue Pearl, Green Pearl

CABINET Wood: Western Red Cedar - Color: Natural

PermaWood™: Colors: Cape Cod Gray, Teak, Pecan

CONTROLS Solid State

Digital Temperature Read Out

Automatic Filtration System and Freeze Protection

Dual Speed Jets

Light Controls

FILTER Skimming, Top Load Cartridge

CONSTRUCTION Self-Contained, Reinforced Cabinetry, Pre-Plumbed

INSULATION 2lb. Density Closed Cell Foam

INSTALLATION Outdoors or Indoors, Free Standing

COVER UV stabilized for color fastness

Reinforced, double stitched handles and straps

Tie-down straps with locking buckles

No-Rust, aluminum channel reinforcements

Tapered (4"-2") for better water run off

WARRANTY Shell: Limited Lifetime

Parts & Labor: 2 Years

Costco legend elite $4999.00

F E A T U R E S

Jets: 78 Jets (65 Chrome / 2 Plastic Water / 10 Plastic Air / 1 Waterfall)

Pumps 2 High Pressure Pumps

Filtration Pump: 24 Hour Crystal-Clear Filtration w/100 Sq Foot System

Controls: Electronic Balboa M-7 Control System

Electrical Ratings: 24 Volt / 48 Amp / 60 Amp G.F.C.I. (not included)

Heater: 240 Volt Heater 4kW

Ozone: Ultra-Pure Ozone System

Pillows: Six Comfort Design Pillows

Cover: Deluxe Cover 5" x 3" Tapered Foam Construction w/Safety Locks & Cover Lift

Extras: Waterfall, Aromatherapy & AM/FM MP3/CD Player w/Sub Woofer 2 Pop-Up Speakers

Light: LED Muti-Color Chromotherapy Lighting

Seats: 6 Adults

Construction: Shell Insulated, Foam & Foil Barrier Lining w/Full Gray Maintenance-Free Cabinet

Warranty: 2 Year Electrical Equipment / 10 Year Surface / Lifetime Structural

Gallons: 380 U.S. Gallons (Average)

Dry Weight: 1010 U.S. Lbs. / 458 kg

Filled Weight: 4178 U.S. Lbs. / 1895 kg

Demensions: 91" x 91" x 37"

Color: Sterling Silver Marble

Look at the details you'll see a huge differance:

Crown XL:

<snip>

Costco legend elite $4999.00

<snip>

I love the Stats on the costco tub. I do hear that they go down soon after you buy them. I have had my Crown Xl since 2004 with only one problem that was fixed in no time. The one thing i really like is the people at nordic, when you need them thay are there (we had a dealer go belly up) for you. the dealer did it in the middle of the repair.

I like to look at all that is avalible for that price. I do have allot of reading to do on the ones that are mentioned. I'm glad you are enjoying your tub, there to heavy to return.

104 Degrees---John

Oh thats Stainlees steal jets. Sorry

I haven't seen any go down soon after purchase, I believe one fellow on the forum is just past two years and alot of us are past the one year mark. as to the weight to return it, no issue, five guys, my truck and 20 minutes. People make way more out of delivering a spa then it really is unless you have a difficult placement. To get 5k back if I felt like I got a low end spa is a no brainer and no hassle vs. a dealer that will not take the spa back even if you had him at gunpoint:)

I have had the same tub for over a year with no issues and no regrets.

Do you mean you've had the same brand tub, because the $5,000 model is a pretty recent introduction.

I haven't seen any go down soon after purchase, I believe one fellow on the forum is just past two years and alot of us are past the one year mark. as to the weight to return it, no issue, five guys, my truck and 20 minutes. People make way more out of delivering a spa then it really is unless you have a difficult placement. To get 5k back if I felt like I got a low end spa is a no brainer and no hassle vs. a dealer that will not take the spa back even if you had him at gunpoint:)

There have been as many posts documenting problems with this brand as there are people with glowing stories. It's an inexpensive spa that could give you horrid problems and cost lots to operate. Research carefully/

Hey guys.. first post ever for me.. I came here to ask the exact same question... best spa for around 5k.

i got excited about the costco line of tubs but after reading more post i'm scared.. i just want to get the most i can for the $$ (like we all do , i'm sure) I also live outside orland fl but have never been to costco.

Thanks for any info

If you live close enough you more than welcome to come wet test mine.

Thanks for the invite.... I just went to costco.com i didnt see yours but i kinda liked the Infinity sun peak spa for $3995 it has 2 pumps and 56 jets.. a lounge and neck jets that i like... what do you think? its the most ive seen for the least.......

oh ya , i'm just out side mount dora off of 441

My tub came with an O3 generator and air blower, 31 jets a waterfall, LED lighting, dealer backing, instulation and dealer support for 4200 bucks. It is a Great Lakes Ottawa. Quiet operation, Plenty of Power Reliable, Proven longevity and Performance, Easily Replacable non Proprietory Parts, Its 3 times as old as any PE on the board and has had nothing replaced yet.....wow.

The Value of the PE is yet to be determined. Unless you have had service you will not know if a service call is as easy as you said. As far as the return policy, has anyone ever returned on of these things?

There should be no reason to take it back Unless there is something that could not be fixed or the cost to high. I have read on other forums that they do end up taking this type tub back for a refund. Im not bashing any tub, i just think having someone to go to is better then a 1-800 number. I will say one thing, If i do get another makers tub i will feel the loss of the great people at nordic.

The improvements on the Crown look very good and it is showing me they want to keep up with the times. Like i said, I'm glad you and others are enjoying your tub. There nothing better on a below zero day.

104 Degrees---John

My tub came with an O3 generator and air blower, 31 jets a waterfall, LED lighting, dealer backing, instulation and dealer support for 4200 bucks. It is a Great Lakes Ottawa. Quiet operation, Plenty of Power Reliable, Proven longevity and Performance, Easily Replacable non Proprietory Parts, Its 3 times as old as any PE on the board and has had nothing replaced yet.....wow.

The Value of the PE is yet to be determined. Unless you have had service you will not know if a service call is as easy as you said. As far as the return policy, has anyone ever returned on of these things?

Roger

do they still make your tub??

Thanks for the invite.... I just went to costco.com i didnt see yours but i kinda liked the Infinity sun peak spa for $3995 it has 2 pumps and 56 jets.. a lounge and neck jets that i like... what do you think? its the most ive seen for the least.......

oh ya , i'm just out side mount dora off of 441

The Legend isnt on Costco.com, or at least it wasnt when I was looking. I live in downtown Orlando. If you hit the costco on 436/434 they carry the model I have. They had 3 when I was looking but when I decided to buy and went back they were out, minus the display. I personally dont buy display merchendise so I went to the one off OBT and picked mine up. I would say at least look at them before you decide. I spent 3 months shopping before I purchased. The offer is still open if you want to wet test.

Good luck with whatever route you go!!

There should be no reason to take it back Unless there is something that could not be fixed or the cost to high. I have read on other forums that they do end up taking this type tub back for a refund. Im not bashing any tub, i just think having someone to go to is better then a 1-800 number. I will say one thing, If i do get another makers tub i will feel the loss of the great people at nordic.

The improvements on the Crown look very good and it is showing me they want to keep up with the times. Like i said, I'm glad you and others are enjoying your tub. There nothing better on a below zero day.

104 Degrees---John

Roger

do they still make your tub??

No....but here's one close.

http://www.greatlakeshottubs.com/penta-p.html

Great Lakes has changed there fiberglass backed Acrylic shells and wood framing to ABS base and shell that while it looks cool is very new technology and yet to be proven. It may be great but is way to new for anyone to say so. I however like it and if it proves to hold up and have the same or better longevity than the norm, good job GL

Great Lakes has changed there fiberglass backed Acrylic shells and wood framing to ABS base and shell that while it looks cool is very new technology and yet to be proven. It may be great but is way to new for anyone to say so. I however like it and if it proves to hold up and have the same or better longevity than the norm, good job GL

I hope it works. Just like the new homes have alot of "plastic" where wood was to stop rot. I think nordic has done the same with there frome and flooring. I have wood there on my tub.

Great reply as always roger :D John

I hope it works. Just like the new homes have alot of "plastic" where wood was to stop rot. I think nordic has done the same with there frame and flooring. I have wood there on my tub.

Great reply as always roger :D John

Then do yourself a favor and go ask your local Costco how many have been returned? I think that is a scare tactic that alot of dealers and spa techs use to steer people from these spas Costco offers. The point is no dealer will ever return your money PERIOD! Costco will, no questions asked and that is better then any dealer support as most of that is lipservice in the firstplace.

Then do yourself a favor and go ask your local Costco how many have been returned? I think that is a scare tactic that alot of dealers and spa techs use to steer people from these spas Costco offers. The point is no dealer will ever return your money PERIOD! Costco will, no questions asked and that is better then any dealer support as most of that is lipservice in the firstplace.

It will cost you to return your tub to costco. On are first tub"Nordic Sport" it didnt work from the begining, it was a temp control that didnt work. the person that came out to look for the problem didnt really do it properly and we had a 30 day money back or new tub, we took a new tub and it didnt cost us anymore because they moved it and replaced it.

I think big items like hot tubs and other appliances should be bought by a dealer so you can get them back with out to many added problems.

104---John