5,000 Bucks?

I bought a Down East Cape Cod for $4,632.00 out the door delivered and installed. I am happy with it. It has a waterfall, neck jets, cool down seat. Master blaster for the feet several theraputic jets. The best deal I could find in my area.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink::blink:

"what I said was they are both the same animal but for two different prices"

(Here it is twice. Read slowly, trace the words with your finger, have someone sound then out for you)

Mr. jwillard when you said they were the same animals at different prices are you saying the you PAID for the warranty? Was warranty the "animal"? If not, then you were comparing spas (animals) as being "the same". In doing so you have skirted the issue twice at least in this thread.

Or maybe you said the spas were the same but the warrantees were only similar. Or maybe the tale goes as the nose grows. Perhaps they had the same similarities or similar sameness.

Of course that could explain why you used "vary" in place of "very" as it applies to variations in your interpretation of fact and fiction. :blink::blink:

srg

Convenient, selective reasoning while entertaining is often a window to reality. Cafeteria morality.

:blink::blink:

(Here it is twice. Read slowly, trace the words with your finger, have someone sound then out for you)

You mean you can copy and paste this twice but you cant wrap your brain around it???? You don't trace words, you trace letters plus I already explained this...

Mr. jwillard when you said they were the same animals at different prices are you saying the you PAID for the warranty? Was warranty the "animal"? If not, then you were comparing spas (animals) as being "the same". In doing so you have skirted the issue twice at least in this thread.

Or maybe you said the spas were the same but the warrantees were only similar. Or maybe the tale goes as the nose grows. Perhaps they had the same similarities or similar sameness.

Of course that could explain why you used "vary" in place of "very" as it applies to variations in your interpretation of fact and fiction. :blink::blink:

srg

Well, SRG maybe I used vary the same way you misused warrantees or the way you typed then instead of them...I highlighted your typos in red so you could easily find them and recognize you make mistakes also

Convenient, selective reasoning while entertaining is often a window to reality. Cafeteria morality.

Ok I will go extra extra slow for you....let me see if I can break it down so you can wrap your brain around it.

I said a spa is a spa is a spa....they are the same in concept...just because you think "yours" is better doesn't make the one I own any less of a spa...whether you paid 10k or 3k...they are all spas. My warranty came with my spa...bundled up in that $5200 price tag. In an early post I said they had similar warranties!!! How on earth can you read that and think I contradicted myself????

spa + spa = same

warranty + warranty = similar

Is that better? Read it again and again...thats what my third grade teacher told me if I didn't get it on the first go round. So what was the issue I supposedly skirted? Since I am feeling in such a good mood tonight...I made a screenshot for you.

IPB Image

Ok I will go extra extra slow for you....let me see if I can break it down so you can wrap your brain around it.

I said a spa is a spa is a spa....they are the same in concept...just because you think "yours" is better doesn't make the one I own any less of a spa...whether you paid 10k or 3k...they are all spas. My warranty came with my spa...bundled up in that $5200 price tag. In an early post I said they had similar warranties!!! How on earth can you read that and think I contradicted myself????

spa + spa = same

warranty + warranty = similar

Is that better? Read it again and again...thats what my third grade teacher told me if I didn't get it on the first go round. So what was the issue I supposedly skirted? Since I am feeling in such a good mood tonight...I made a screenshot for you.

IPB Image

Both are not LOUD and CHEAP feeling :P

"spa + spa = same"

"warranty + warranty = similar"

Thank you for clearing that up.

I see now that you believe the spas are the same. That speaks volumes.

I stand corrected on my typos (Miss Spellings :D ) but I stand by the realization of your Freudian slip. (Do you have to wear a Freudian slip under a Freudian dress?)

Oddly, I do not currently own a portable spa nor do I sell them. I see massive differences from brand to brand. I have not yet received a telephone call from an owner of a major brand spa asking, "How do you add more insulation to this thing?" "How would you go about sealing the gaps at the edges and corners?" "How do YOU get in touch with the manufacturer?"

Unlike many, I do not believe that Costco, Home Depot, WalMart, Lowes and others of their ilk sell cheaper because they are wonderful humanitarians. In identical items (3M duct tape [which by the way can be used to fix ANYTHING]) they can price better because of volume purchasing. In things like spas they sell cheaper because they are buying an economy version.

I can't remember taking a job because it was easy to quit or buying a product because it was easy to return. I also can't remember having to spend so much time to justify buying quality as do buyers of lesser products.

Regarding the worth of dependability:

When I place a value on the overall cost of a product, I look at it considering that my time has a monetary worth as well. I do not want to take my time making a new purchase into something better.

Manufactures are not in the business of warranty. I prefer to find a product that builds the calls for warranties "out of" the item with quality construction methods.

for what it's worth :)

SRG

"spa + spa = same"

"warranty + warranty = similar"

Thank you for clearing that up.

I see now that you believe the spas are the same. That speaks volumes.

Just as in every car on the road is just that...a car...people find different layouts and different types to fit their needs and desires. Some of the people feel they need to spend 30k to buy a decent car and others are happy with a cheaper car...they both do the same thing...just depends on what you are looking for in the product. I was being very general and saying that yes all spas are the same but you need to decide on what works for you with what is on the market at a price you think is worth spending for a item that is a want most of the time and not a need.

I stand corrected on my typos (Miss Spellings :D ) but I stand by the realization of your Freudian slip. (Do you have to wear a Freudian slip under a Freudian dress?)

Nope, sorry men here dont wear dresses, but maybe that kind of stuff is cool where you live different strokes for different folks, knock yourself out!

Oddly, I do not currently own a portable spa nor do I sell them. I see massive differences from brand to brand. I have not yet received a telephone call from an owner of a major brand spa asking, "How do you add more insulation to this thing?" "How would you go about sealing the gaps at the edges and corners?" "How do YOU get in touch with the manufacturer?"

I see massive design and gimmick differences but overall they all are the same to me but even some of the so called higher end models seem cheap to me. SO since you dont own or sell I assume you must repair them since you get calls from consumers about their spas? I dont plan on adding more insulation, no need...but I guess if you feel you need to because of the climate you live thats cool. As far as someone calling about getting in touch with the manufacture beats me. My spa came with manuals that have the number right on them and then there is the internet. I guess some people arent as smart as others and need "you" to answer their questions because they cant do it themselves. Isnt that job security for you???

Unlike many, I do not believe that Costco, Home Depot, WalMart, Lowes and others of their ilk sell cheaper because they are wonderful humanitarians. In identical items (3M duct tape [which by the way can be used to fix ANYTHING]) they can price better because of volume purchasing. In things like spas they sell cheaper because they are buying an economy version.

I really must question why anyone would use tape to fix things but hey who am I....funny that a repair person would say something like that. Is this the type of repair work you do with tape?

When your only tool is a hammer, no wonder everything looks like a nail!!!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I can't remember taking a job because it was easy to quit or buying a product because it was easy to return. I also can't remember having to spend so much time to justify buying quality as do buyers of lesser products.

I am not here to justify quality of my tub...I am merily here to tell people that my experience has been great and I am happy with my tub. On the other hand I see nothing but people in your industry come on here and try and scare people with the same ole tactics that have been used in sales forever. Scare them with all the stories...yes there are bad experiences but you know I have read just as many of those same stories from people who have bought a so called major brand through a dealer.

Regarding the worth of dependability:

When I place a value on the overall cost of a product, I look at it considering that my time has a monetary worth as well. I do not want to take my time making a new purchase into something better.

Manufactures are not in the business of warranty. I prefer to find a product that builds the calls for warranties "out of" the item with quality construction methods.

Yes, your right time is money! You dont even own a tub but you are on here trying to deflate the value of a tub you dont like...how much is your time really worth??? Seems kind of wasteful to me to bash something you dont even own much less try to build value again of something you dont own.

for what it's worth :)

Not much!

SRG

>>>>>>>>>>>Just as in every car on the road is just that...a car...people find different layouts and different types to fit their needs and desires. Some of the people feel they need to spend 30k to buy a decent car and others are happy with a cheaper car...they both do the same thing...just depends on what you are looking for in the product. I was being very general and saying that yes all spas are the same but you need to decide on what works for you with what is on the market at a price you think is worth spending for a item that is a want most of the time and not a need.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I'd like to see you hook my bobcat trailer fully loaded up to a 7 thousand dollar Kia, Thats why I bought a 35 thousand dollar vehicle. They both don't do the same thing....hehehehe

Wow !!!

Reading through the thread I agree with Jwillard. He has owned a spa for such a short period of time and has learned so much about it. It must be easy to work on a spa huh? Everyone here seems to be arguing over who's spa is better and don't realize its all the same thing its a hole with water in it. I mean cmon guy one complains that his jets are faster but doesn't have vibrating ass pads and guy two who has the ass pads wants faster jets. Why not buy two spas if you want your ass massaged then go into spa one if you want to feel a thrusting jet go into spa two.

I always thought going into a spa made you relax and be less uptight. Are you guys adding water to your spas ? Cause you all are rather pissy.

>>>>>>>>>>>Just as in every car on the road is just that...a car...people find different layouts and different types to fit their needs and desires. Some of the people feel they need to spend 30k to buy a decent car and others are happy with a cheaper car...they both do the same thing...just depends on what you are looking for in the product. I was being very general and saying that yes all spas are the same but you need to decide on what works for you with what is on the market at a price you think is worth spending for a item that is a want most of the time and not a need.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I'd like to see you hook my bobcat trailer fully loaded up to a 7 thousand dollar Kia, Thats why I bought a 35 thousand dollar vehicle. They both don't do the same thing....hehehehe

they both do the same thing as far as getting you from point A to point B....of course if you need to haul there is a differant need there and yes of course you need to accomodate for that. Lets see your 35k truck get over 15 mpg...not going to happen! Some people need a 2 person spa...some need a 7 person spa...can you fit 7 people in a 2 person spa??? Probably but how comfortable would that be??? There are round tubs for people who like those...me personally I dont know anything bad about the round wooden tubs but when I look at tubs those are ones that do not appeal to me. Like I said...differant strokes for differant folks!!

Not pissy...and to be honest I like the banter...makes it fun and entertaining to me...some wear their heart on their sleeve and get offended too easily. Tonight I am headed out to find me some of those "vibrating ass pads!!" :unsure:

they both do the same thing as far as getting you from point A to point B....of course if you need to haul there is a differant need there and yes of course you need to accomodate for that. Some people need a 2 person spa...some need a 7 person spa...can you fit 7 people in a 2 person spa??? Probably but how comfortable would that be??? There are round tubs for people who like those...me personally I dont know anything bad about the round wooden tubs but when I look at tubs those are ones that do not appeal to me. Like I said...differant strokes for differant folks!!

Not pissy...and to be honest I like the banter...makes it fun and entertaining to me...some wear their heart on their sleeve and get offended too easily. Tonight I am headed out to find me some of those "vibrating ass pads!!" :unsure:

Its surprising to me that people who dont owe spas can sit there all high and mighty and complain about what spa to buy. I want a wooden triangle shaped spa as long as the jets don't clog up with my back hair it doesn't matter to me. I did get the model with the ass pads since i have hemorrhoids nothing better than the vibrating warmness of a spa on my roids.

they both do the same thing as far as getting you from point A to point B....of course if you need to haul there is a differant need there and yes of course you need to accomodate for that. Lets see your 35k truck get over 15 mpg...not going to happen! Some people need a 2 person spa...some need a 7 person spa...can you fit 7 people in a 2 person spa??? Probably but how comfortable would that be??? There are round tubs for people who like those...me personally I dont know anything bad about the round wooden tubs but when I look at tubs those are ones that do not appeal to me. Like I said...differant strokes for differant folks!!

Ha Ha Ha Ha it's a Duramax Deisel with a 5 speed Allison and it gets up to 22 MPG and around 18 when I am pulling a load!!!!!!!

Okay, some people like Costco tubs.

Some people don't.

The end.

You want my personal opinion? Even if you don't, you're getting it anyway (since this seems to be the thread for that). Personally, I think this is the dumbest spa-related threads on the internet- and that includes the one with the video of the girl having diarrhea in the tub.

Okay, some people like Costco tubs.

Some people don't.

Thanks for shining a light on that!! You mean you wait till the end to come solve the problem...damn all those many post wasted when here lies the answer!

The end.

Unfortunately its not the end....I am sure this debate will continue just as long as there are people in search of an affordable tub through costco.

You want my personal opinion? Even if you don't, you're getting it anyway (since this seems to be the thread for that). Personally, I think this is the dumbest spa-related threads on the internet- and that includes the one with the video of the girl having diarrhea in the tub.

So you think someone asking what is a good spa for 5k is dumb? Doesn't sound that dumb to me...but I guess I am prejudice. Everyone basically came and gave their opinion which yes you are entitled to do as well, but your post has a lot in common with the girl who had diarreah in the tub, in my opinion.

/sigh

/feels better

:mellow:

So you think someone asking what is a good spa for 5k is dumb? Doesn't sound that dumb to me...but I guess I am prejudice. Everyone basically came and gave their opinion which yes you are entitled to do as well, but your post has a lot in common with the girl who had diarreah in the tub, in my opinion.

/sigh

/feels better

:mellow:

This thread is no longer about "what is a good spa for 5k". This thread is about two small groups of people who cannot comprehend the idea that people can have different opinions. Do you really think- after what, 11 pages or so- that somehow your point has not been made yet? No one has contributed one bit to this discussion in several pages - all you've done is insult each other, or insult each other's opinions, or each other's arguments - NOT the tubs themselves. Someone who wanted to find out anything useful about $5000 tubs stopped reading several pages ago.

You've pointed out many, many times that this is a free board, and everyone has the right to post their opinion, yada yada yada. Just because you have the RIGHT to post doesn't mean that you MUST take advantage of it, or that it's useful, or that anybody even cares anymore.

This thread is no longer about "what is a good spa for 5k". This thread is about two small groups of people who cannot comprehend the idea that people can have different opinions. Do you really think- after what, 11 pages or so- that somehow your point has not been made yet? No one has contributed one bit to this discussion in several pages - all you've done is insult each other, or insult each other's opinions, or each other's arguments - NOT the tubs themselves. Someone who wanted to find out anything useful about $5000 tubs stopped reading several pages ago.

You've pointed out many, many times that this is a free board, and everyone has the right to post their opinion, yada yada yada. Just because you have the RIGHT to post doesn't mean that you MUST take advantage of it, or that it's useful, or that anybody even cares anymore.

I care, I like arguing with willy, he's a bigger *** than me :D

Two small groups of people, which of those groups are you in? I am perfectly capable of understanding people have different opinions...that is why I tried posting in several of my post. Since you assume since this thread is done some pages back would you like us to start a new thread? If you find this thread dumb and non contributing why on earth are you still reading? I feel I have contributed very much and voiced my opinion on what I am looking for in a tub and that the costco/hydro spa are a choice for some and not to be shyed away because of somes relentless attacks on quality, high electric bills or lack of insulation or whatever else has been tossed in the mix. I havent truly tried to insult anyone...since I dont know any of you personally I hope that you can get into the jist of it and not wear your heart on your sleeve. Nothing like a little friendly banter!!

How can you take advantage of posting? If I read the forum and someone post something why would I not be able to respond back? At least I dont jump all over every thread and attack people just for the hell of it. I am at least containing my sarcasim and insults.

You must care...you took the time to respond!!

I care, I like arguing with willy, he's a bigger *** than me

Agreed!! :)

Well my buddy who bought a 10,000 spa had his and his wifs first dip last night. I just talked to him and he said(they never wet teasted the spa) she did not like the lounger or the seat with the neck message, she had to crowch down to fit in it. My buddy said he has to crowch down in the wirl-pool seat to get his shoulders wet.

I will be over his house to try it out tomorrow and will see how it is.

I guess it's a good idea to wet test the tub and if the dealer dont have one to test go some place else.

104 Degrees.

I care, I like arguing with willy, he's a bigger *** than me

Agreed!! :)

ROTFL. Glad I made the time to drop by to skim this. Fun to read - some excellent arguments, logic in varying degrees of soundness, biting satire, pointed comments. Just a good, lively discussion. IMO, of course. ;)

Heck, once in a while it's even been on topic!

ROTFL. Glad I made the time to drop by to skim this. Fun to read - some excellent arguments, logic in varying degrees of soundness, biting satire, pointed comments. Just a good, lively discussion. IMO, of course. ;)

Heck, once in a while it's even been on topic!

We screwed up then.....cause we were trying to steer from the topic as far as possible.

The topis was covered in about the first 3-4 post's

• 2 weeks later...