5,000 Bucks?

Actually it was kinda rhetorical question since their video says they have been around since 1975. No, I personally havent seen a hydro spa unit around and whats even weirder is I haven't ever had someone I know actually on a spa other than a friend about 20 years ago and I couldnt even tell you who made it. The only thing I remember from back then is dont drink a lot of alcohol before jumping in one unless you want your head to swim.

Also I am not so naive to think costco and hydro spa aren't cutting corners to make the tub more affordable at a wholesale warehouse/big box store, but that has nothing to do with the way some on this board would rather come and rain down negative just because its a hydro spa/costco purchase. My tub is better than your tub...it wont be around in 5 years...its going to consume mass amounts of electricity....but this hasnt been my experience, for what its worth. No spa tech here, don't even claim to know half the crap about them....I just want to soak in it, enjoy it and if I need to have it fixed I will deal with that when its time and will be more than happy to come share that experience with the board as well. I have no loyalty to hydro spa or costco and if it gets nasty I will be happy to share. I will also share that I think its a great tub...I plan on taking the panel off this weekend and I will take some pictures of inside and post.

I think we have come full circle. The na-sayers/Costco bashers as you call them (which I may be one of them, don't know don't care) Have hit a nerve by saying they are not the same in quality/longevity, and have been acused of belittling the brand. The "gang" as someone else call the owners and enthusiast for the brand have said they like there tubs and others have heard "they are just the same as the 10000 dollar tubs" And it seems we may have reached a middle ground. And I think this is the first time.

Now shut up!!!! :D

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we have come full circle. The na-sayers/Costco bashers as you call them (which I may be one of them, don't know don't care) Have hit a nerve by saying they are not the same in quality/longevity, and have been acused of belittling the brand. The "gang" as someone else call the owners and enthusiast for the brand have said they like there tubs and others have heard "they are just the same as the 10000 dollar tubs" And it seems we may have reached a middle ground. And I think this is the first time.

Now shut up!!!! :D

No, no....we cant reach a middle ground...what am I going to do to entertain myself when I am at work??? lol :o

No, no....we cant reach a middle ground...what am I going to do to entertain myself when I am at work??? lol :o

YOu know, full foam tubs are far and away superior to any and all thermal pane style tubs.

/sorry :D

Do you realy belive this? or are you kidding?

It's pretty much common and accepted knowledge.

Don't tell me you bought into all that Thermal hype? Please.

It's pretty much common and accepted knowledge.

Don't tell me you bought into all that Thermal hype? Please.

The way Arctic does it. it looks alot easier to work on? They do have there tubs in very cold places.

The way Arctic does it. it looks alot easier to work on? They do have there tubs in very cold places.

Artic? Those things are so loud. Hotsprings are easy to work on too. With all spas, most of the problems occur in the equipment area, not in the plubming shell, (so if you do go with a Full foam tub, go quality). The "Ease of repairs" is really just advertising hype to scare you. in the slim to rare chance of a cabinet leak, Any decent tech can repair a full foam tub without a lot of trouble.

Artic? Those things are so loud. Hotsprings are easy to work on too. With all spas, most of the problems occur in the equipment area, not in the plubming shell, (so if you do go with a Full foam tub, go quality). The "Ease of repairs" is really just advertising hype to scare you. in the slim to rare chance of a cabinet leak, Any decent tech can repair a full foam tub without a lot of trouble.

Then who is fully foamed ??? I hope Clearwater is. They have the jets in the right places :D

That is correct. Clearwater is not a fully foamed tub. They use R.T.B. (Reflective Thermal Barrier). From what I have heard of these spas, they are not very loud at all during operation. but... alas, perhaps we should start a seperate insulation topic again. LOL! :lol:

That is correct. Clearwater is not a fully foamed tub. They use R.T.B. (Reflective Thermal Barrier). From what I have heard of these spas, they are not very loud at all during operation. but... alas, perhaps we should start a seperate insulation topic again. LOL! :lol:

It looks like you have a jet for every part of the body :D Is there a dealer in connecticut? I have to look at one.

It looks like you have a jet for every part of the body :D Is there a dealer in connecticut? I have to look at one.

I say the best insulation scheme is the one I invented. There is someone who will tell you I copied it. But that is not true, I had my idea before I knew what he was all about. Seems his idea is close to mine also though, maybe he copied me!!!!!!!

I say the best insulation skeem is the one I invented. There is someone who will tell you I copied it. But that is not true, I had my idea before I knew what he was all about. Seems his idea is close to mine also though, maybe he copied me!!!!!!!

Roger

Getting one at the Costco in Florida ;)

Not sure. I'll pm you with the info. in regards to a number to call and find out about dealers in your area.

Artic? Those things are so loud.

LOL. And the plumbing flops around, and other myths spread by our competitors... B)

I still will look at arctic spas.

I was half joking in my posts about Full foam and Thermal Pane, and just trying to be a trouble maker. :P

Artic is gaining a very good reputation, and considered to be a very good quality spa and is usually rated right up there with other quality makers.

typically with the higher end makers of quality tubs, FF vs Thermal should be secondary consideration. On the lower end tubs it becomes more of an issue and depending on the specific tub and insualion requirements then you really need to take a second look.

I was half joking in my posts about Full foam and Thermal Pane, and just trying to be a trouble maker. :P

Artic is gaining a very good reputation, and considered to be a very good quality spa and is usually rated right up there with other quality makers.

typically with the higher end makers of quality tubs, FF vs Thermal should be secondary consideration. On the lower end tubs it becomes more of an issue and depending on the specific tub and insualion requirements then you really need to take a second look.

It seems they have a nice tub. I like the video, it showed me that its not an assembly type spa but one that only has a few people making it not every body down the line.

Clearwater has alot of jets that look like it will relive you of whats hurting no mater where you hurt :D

This is like looking for a car or house.

I like the video, it showed me that its not an assembly type spa but one that only has a few people making it not every body down the line.

Is that better? The auto industry went to production lines for efficiency long ago and its a better way to control Quality as well IMO (and I only mean it to be my opinion). When you have people performing specifics tasks they become proficient at them as opposed to having individuals build it soup to nuts. I'm not saying there is anything wrong wtih batch processing (per your description) and in some cases it is preferential but I don't see that as an advantage in this type Manufacturing regardless of how it may be portrayed in a Marketing video.

Is that better? The auto industry went to production lines for efficiency long ago and its a better way to control Quality as well IMO (and I only mean it to be my opinion). When you have people performing specifics tasks they become proficient at them as opposed to having individuals build it soup to nuts. I'm not saying there is anything wrong wtih batch processing (per your description) and in some cases it is preferential but I don't see that as an advantage in this type Manufacturing regardless of how it may be portrayed in a Marketing video.

What do they do when there is a problem?? i seen where they just send it down the line"let the dealer fix it". I'm not saying it happens all the time but it does happen. Looking for the correcrt spa is not as easy as it seems.