Bbb Stats About Customer Satisfaction

Veronica

So in all fairness here is my prediction for the future of the spa industry

- Imports will come from China

- Quality will be better

-The first statement is pretty much predicted by everyone at some point.

-Why would you expect the quality from China to be better? I would expect the opposite initally and for awhile (kind of like Hyundai's entry into cars, and yes, I know they're Korean) but the price tag is king to many so they'll put up with somewhat lower quality if the price is right and it still looks ok (and has some bling).

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-The first statement is pretty much predicted by everyone at some point.

-Why would you expect the quality from China to be better? I would expect the opposite initally and for awhile (kind of like Hyundai's entry into cars, and yes, I know they're Korean) but the price tag is king to many so they'll put up with somewhat lower quality if the price is right and it still looks ok (and has some bling).

I agree. Hugo.

"I want to thank all of our customers for being so patient with all of this. I know that we are weeks behind, but it is worth the wait. I have not felt good with a virus and then having to deal with THIS MUCH SNOW!"

This quote was taken from the "Still Snowing!" thread on your own board, on January 8th 2007.

So, if you were already weeks behind in early January, then the spas were probably due to be delivered no later than early December. It's almost March, so your tubs are THREE MONTHS behind schedule???

A piece of advice- you might spend less time on the music, and less time on the internet, and more time delivering those spas.

This picture of Count Jim checking to see if he could ship his spas is so classic I had to paste it here.

IPB Image

(compliments of the Texas Photosaw Masticator)

I agree. Hugo.

Actually the Hyundai and kia surpased the american big three years ago in quality and reliability. Kia Sedona....Motor trnd car of the year. Hyunda Sonata.....Best in class over Toyota and Honda...... So overseas spas can be expected to surpass what we have here. Hotsprings spas are made in Mexico If I am correct and no issues as to quality there?

Hotsprings spas are made in Mexico If I am correct ..?

No sir, not correct.

Caldera yes, HotSpring no.

B)

• 2 weeks later...

Hot Spring Spas are the only spa in the hot tub industry to be certified by the NSF for meeting a comprehensive set of standards that evaluate the overall safety and performance of the entire spa.

The NSF is an independent, not-for-profit organization whose purpose is to help consumers Live Safer™ everyday. Recently the NSF raised the bar in spa safety by introducing NSF P181 certification which – for the first time ever – incorporates health and safety requirements for the whole spa, not just certain parts.

IPB Image

Hot Spring Spas is proud to be the first and only spa manufacturer to offer consumers the reassurance of owning a spa with the NSF P181 mark. Now Hot Spring spa owners can truly relax with the confidence that they are enjoying a hot tub that was built with their family's health and safety in mind.

Learn more about the NSF and the NSF P181 Standard.

Jim Sayeth: "There is no spa site that I have seen with an ETL page or UL page, so I am not going to put it back up, just to keep you guessing.

B)

Chas, with no disrespect intended. Are Hot Springs the only spas certified because they may be the only maker who has applied, I am not taking anything away from them. I do wonder if other makers who are UL or ETL approved would want to offer another endorsement, I think at some point it goes back to marketing and at some point there is little tangible benefit to the customer.

• 1 month later...

Jim,

Here's the top 25 wealthiest people in the world in 2006 according to Forbes; go for it.

I suggest you concentrate on getting one into the hands of one of the 5 Walton family members who own spots 17 through 21. Maybe if the first one is happy you can get the others to purchase. Heck, they probably won't bat an eye at the price tag. You may want to offer them a family plan!

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/10/Rank_1.html

Just for your edification, we have one of the Microsoft executives as our customer.

You should see this guys house.

We also have the retired CEO of one of the largest cruse ship lines.

People who want quality find us.

Just for your edification, we have one of the Microsoft executives as our customer.

Wouldn't it be great if Microsoft got involved in the manufacture of hot tubs?

You're enjoying a nice soak on a cold night, and all of a sudden everything shuts off, for no apparent reason...

You get out of the tub, open up the control panel, and it says you have an autoexec.bat error, & you have to reboot... then it doesn't recognize half of the jets... and you only get to use it for a year before you have to upgrade to a new tub...

and you only get to use it for a year before you have to upgrade to a new tub...

Hmm. I like that part...

B)

And these guys are more qualified as smart consumers why? What about the thousands of guys richer and smarter that have purchased a Hot Spring spa. What a dumb thing to say for a guy claiming to be so smart!!

For someone who claims they don't care about money and noteriaity, you certainly seem to always be VERY impressed by others who have it. :rolleyes::lol:

Are you selling off your tools in the shop too? What about the trailer? Let me know - I might want to buy some of your stuff and I know a guy in CO who is looking for a few things. honest.

Happy retirement/bankruptcy Jim. Are you openly telling folks your are going out or are you still trying to give them the impression that you are some sort of legitimate operation?

My spiritual teacher says that one should not lust after money, just do a good job and God will provide. It has never failed. I focus on the task at hand and treat everyone with love, and that is the best way to operate.

We just got back from a delivery trip and have to again go to the factory to pick up more spas. I find it interesting that you are so worried about our business, trigger. :rolleyes::lol:

It is funny because our store business has increased, because of all the hot tub stores that have closed near us.

The Sundance, Catalina dealer, gone, The Cal Spas store gone. The Emerals Store gone. The nearest Sundance dealer is 45 friggin miles away. That is funny.

We are the only choice in this area for anything dealing with spas, including service and parts. All of the customers who bought spas from us are buying chemicals and supplies both in the store and over the net.

I am sorry to dissapoint you, but we are actualy improving our positiong in the busness world.

Here is a tune especially for you.

http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/01/defa...mp;content=song

Good for you Jimmy! Good for you!!!!!

Honestly though, let me know when you start selling stuff off . I've got a friend in Fort Collins who is interested in your camper, and any tools you have and will pay you cash. How much do you want for the trailer? He actually may be interested in buying any shells you have left over too. Let me know.

Here's a song for you:

http://it.stlawu.edu/~x0tsing/takeaway.htm

You know what's REALLY funny, Jim? I did a dealer search for Cal Spas in your area (Broomfield and Westminster, CO), and I found out that Cal Spas's dealer in Broomfield - the Spa & Leisure store in the Flatiron Mall - is still in business. I called them just to make sure. In fact, they have been selling Cal Spas since 1989. 18 years in business, selling Cal Spas, and right in Broomfield.

Didn't think anyone would check your facts, did you Jim?

I thought I'd check on your "only choice in the area" assertion while I was at it. It turns out that the local Hot Spring & Caldera dealer, International Hot Tub Company, has 4 locations in your area (one of which is 17 miles from you). They've been in business since 1978.

I live outside a city of one million people, and there isn't an Arctic dealer within several hundred miles of me. I've always taken that to mean that there aren't as many Arctic dealers as there are Hot Spring & Sundance dealers. Yet "Arctic Spas Mile High" is only 33 miles from you. That's better than where I live.

And those are just the handful of manufacturers I searched for. I did a yellow pages search for Broomfield and found at least two hot tub repair companies in Broomfield.

You are correct in saying that the nearest Sundance dealer is 45 miles away. Everything else is wrong.