Transportation Of Hot Tub?

Nicko330

I just bought an Artesian Island Series 6 person Lounger that's a few years old. I need to move it across town to my house. I have a trailer and plenty of help. What is the easiest way to move it? Can it be stood up and transported on its side without damage? It also has to move about 30' to get to the trailer. Is there an easy way or should we just try to muscle it? Thanks!

I just bought an Artesian Island Series 6 person Lounger that's a few years old. I need to move it across town to my house. I have a trailer and plenty of help. What is the easiest way to move it? Can it be stood up and transported on its side without damage? It also has to move about 30' to get to the trailer. Is there an easy way or should we just try to muscle it? Thanks!

If you have the man power and some 12' by 2" nylon eye to eye slings it can be picked up and carried. Use a long pry bar to get the tub up enough to get some blocks under it to get your slings under. I have done this with 4 guys. But 3 slings and 6 guys would be easier. Use a 2' piece of 2x4 in the eyes of the slings for handles. If you stand it up, stand it up on the equipment side and carry it that way. This will require shorter slings (width of the tub plus a comfortable carry length longer on each side. It can be transported on it's side also but sitting on it's bottom is better. You can roll it on 2" PVC pipe also if the ground is flat and firm enough, cut the PVC in 8' lengths that will fit the tub bottom. You will need 6-7 of them, leap frog them forward as they spit out the back. Can you push the trailer in next to the tub? Tip the tub up on the equipment side, move the trailer in along side, set the tub down on the trailer, careful here as it will want to kick out, shimmy it over onto the trailer and push the trailer out. Plywood will help the front wheel on your trailer roll better.

I agree with what Roger said. I moved my big eight person spa with the help of 5 other guys two metal pipes and some tie down straps. We lifted up the ends enough to get the straps underneath the tub and tied them to the metal pipes. Then we all lifted the pipes and put it on the truck bed *kind used to hual cars and trucks around* It was easier than I thought. Then again the people that helped me were like me ,young and stupid.