Most/least Problematic Moisturizer Ingredients?

soakmyfeet

I use my 3 mo old hot tub daily for 1.5 hours to relieve muscle pain (yes I know it's excessive), on top of daily swimming in a very warm commercial pool and showering in between. I live in warm water! My skin is taking a beating- very dry and irritated and itchy. (BTW I use Nat 2/MPS and I am obsessive about keeping the MPS at the "OK" range on the test strips, so I don't think my itchiness is folliculits). I need to slather on cream in order to not be itchy. I try to rinse off the cream in the shower before getting in the tub, but I'm sure it doesn't all come off, and not sure I want it to since my skin would be even drier. The water is very clear with no foaming, but the problem is we see build up of a waxy film on the walls of the tub at the water line and pearls of goo that looks like white cream behind the filter cover. I'm concerned it may be building up in the plumbing or may eventually interfere with the sanitizers. We use Nature 2/MPS with 2-3x/week dichlor to oxidize. After the chlorine doses, the film on the sides diminishes but the pearls of goo need to be wiped away. I don't think I can live without a moisturizer, so my question is....are there any moisturizer ingredients that are better or worse than others as far as the tub is concerned? Eg, petrolatum (vaseline jelly) vs. shea butter or an oil instead of a cream? Has anyone been able to use a certain product with less adverse effect than others on the tub? The cream I like the best for my dry skin is eucerin, which is mostly petrolatum, mineral oil, mineral wax and lanolin alcohol with no fragrances or dyes. But it looks a lot like the white pearls on the filter cover!

Thanks for your help!

You may be right, but I hope it's not MPS sensitivity since I have been happy with the nature 2/MPS system for sanitizing. So far I have been adding it before I get in since that's what the dealer told me to do, so I'm going to try adding it when I get out (as long as it isn't zero when I get in in) to see if that helps. Whether it is MPS sensitivity or just dry skin from soaking too long every day, I'll still need moisturizer so I don't go nuts from itchiness. Any tips on moisturizer ingredients that are particularly bad for the tub? Are petroleum products (e.g petrolatum) worse for the tub than "natural oils" like shea butter?

Thanks