The Search Is Almost Over, Final Opinions Please

rwilkerson

We are entering the home stretch and have our two final wet tests tonight and tomorrow.

In the Jacuzzi corner we have the Jacuzzi J-365 weighing in at 91 x 84, fully foamed, 32 jets, priced at $8550.00 including the cover, lifter, steps, delivery and set up with starter chemicals. No hard negotiation yet but likely to see a 300-500 reduction in that price.

In the Hot Spring corner we have the Vanguard, weighing in at 87 x 87, also fully foamed, also with 32 jets, priced at $9500.00 including the cover, lifter, steps, delivery and set up with starter chemicals. She dropped the price to 9500.00 last night but I got the feeling there was no more to be given.

Both dealers are equally reputable, both are BBB Accredited, neither have any complaints, one is in business 20 years, the other for 31.

I don't think there is a bad choice here but give me some input, any owners out there to tell me what they think? anyone with pricing info to share? Is it possible that the Hot Spring is actually worth 1000-1500 more than the Jacuzzi?

The only time I had any type of bad taste during this process was when the Hot Spring dealer said "oh yes, Jacuzzi is a great name but they don't compare to Hot Spring, come over here and see this Hot Spot Relay if you want to compare to Jacuzzi"

Is that true?

My thinking is that she either drank the Kool Aid and truly believes that this is the case, or she was engaging in some passive aggressive competitor bashing, thoughts?

Give me some feedback guys and gals, ladies and gents. My money is burning a hole in my pocket and this search has gone on long enough.

Thanks,

Roger

A good dealer never bashes another brand or even a dealer. They let the products talk for themselves and point out the positives. I was in the same boat and thought Hot Springs was being "over pushed" and over priced. We settled on the the J345 Jacuzzi. Just like the J365 without the foot dome. It seems like they are a real solid tub. When they unloaded it and I tried this in the store as as well, there was not creaking or flimsy feeling from the shell or the cabinet.

As a note... I really think the Jacuzzi 6" bottom raised, sealed bottom pan is Hugh bonus. It keeps all the critters out that raise havoc. The cabinet only has the holes for the wire input and we put a solid cap in one hole and left the fingered cap on the other can silicones around the wire.

Thanks guys,

I settled on (not settled FOR) the Jacuzzi J365, man what a spa. We love it!! It is the ONLY spa that both of us can get comfortable in regardless of the seat we are in. The massage was incredible and my wife was in it for two minutes and says, "this is the one" to which the sales guy replied "should I get the paperwork started?" She sabotaged my negotiating position but what the heck. I think we got a great deal at 8450 for the tub, cover, covermate III lifter (with the shocks), chemicals, nature II, hose end filter, two additional filters, delivery and set up.

Thanks for the input

Congrats!!!

I have the covermate lifter with te shocks and it's great. I hop eyou like it as much as I do. Good idea on the extra filters as well. Let us know how the install goes. (some pics would be great.)

Congrats!!!

I have the covermate lifter with te shocks and it's great. I hop eyou like it as much as I do. Good idea on the extra filters as well. Let us know how the install goes. (some pics would be great.)

Will do Trigger. I learned a long time ago that I am not as good as I should be about cleaning the filters. This will address that I hope...lol

The reality is there are mutiple good brands out there. You'd have been fine with a few different choices and were looking at a couple of the better ones IMO and ended up with a good one. Congrats and that seems like a decent enough deal. I like the CM3 as well, good lifter choice IMO.

Thanks spatech. I know that there are multiple good brands but the truth is that I was looking for value also. If I could have gotten similar pricing on the Vanguard I may have changed my mind but who knows. I still had the challenge of the dealer not being willing to get it wet. They weren't willing to budge on the price more than 100 bucks and they have the market locked up here so I had to shift gears and negotiate on the accessories. I know some folks have paid less and some have paid more but in all of my years of selling there is one thing I have learned. Good deals are relative, if you feel that you got a good deal you did, if you feel that you didn't it doesn't matter how little you paid you'll always feel like you got scr*&ed