To Bury Or Not Bury The Conduit?

Newbie36

Hey guys,

I'm going to be getting a tub soon.  I was wondering what everyone thought about the electrical hookup and whether or not to have the conduit go underground.  The tub will be pretty close to the house, so not a whole lot of the conduit would be visible if I don't bury it. I was told by an electrician if I do bury it I better be sure of the exact location of the tub. Burying the conduit would cost about another 80 - 100 on the hookup. I have a concrete guy coming out in the next couple weeks, so I need to decide if I want an underground hookup or not. Does it look that bad if u don't bury it? Do must people go with the underground or aboveground connection? What are the pros and cons? I value your opinion.

Hey guys,

I'm going to be getting a tub soon. I was wondering what everyone thought about the electrical hookup and whether or not to have the conduit go underground. The tub will be pretty close to the house, so not a whole lot of the conduit would be visible if I don't bury it. I was told by an electrician if I do bury it I better be sure of the exact location of the tub. Burying the conduit would cost about another 80 - 100 on the hookup. I have a concrete guy coming out in the next couple weeks, so I need to decide if I want an underground hookup or not. Does it loo

k that bad if u don't bury it? Do must people go with the underground or aboveground connection? What are the pros and cons? I value your opinion.

Esthetically it would look better. If you do bury it you could have it come up right next to the tub and then change over to a LB and then through the side of the tub/skirt and then change over to liquid tite the rest of the way

My tub is on a brick patio right next to the house. I simply ran some THWN wire through some liquid tite conduit (and connectors) from the sub panel to the tub. All available at HD or Lowe's, Be sure and get some green THWN for your ground if you go this way. No problems, and inexpensive.