Hotspot Relay-Filter & Cleaning Cycle

dizznizz

hi,

when my hotspot relay was delivered, the filter cycle and cleaning cycle were both programmed to run for 10 minutes every hour (and can be programmed between 0-6hours)

I'm worried a bit about my power used, so was thinking of changing to running the cycle 3 or 4 hours

would that be enough?

should I run one of them more often/less?

thanks

Run it for the least amount of time which keeps your water clean and clear. Keep in mind that as a newbie you will put MUCH more load on the water and filter than you will down the road.

HTH

B)

Clean-Up and Filtration....

Those are two different settings.

The cleanup cycle is 10 minutes. NOT 10 minutes/hour. Just 10 minutes, once manually activated, then off, and that's it.

The cleanup cycle exists so you can throw in some chemicals, hit cleanup cycle- the pump runs for 10 minutes on high speed, and shuts off by itself, saving you the trouble of walking back outside to turn off the jets.

The filtration cycles, however, are very different. You have two 12/hour time clocks. (instead of a single 24 time clock)

F1 is the 1st 12 hours of the day.

F2 is the 2nd 12 hours of the day.

You can program each filter cycle in 30 minute increments, and the filtration cycle will run ONCE in the twelve hour time window, however long you have programed it to run, on low speed.

Additionally, the spa runs thermostatically, coming on and off throughout the day to maintain the temp you have it set to.

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...