Ok, I May Trash My Old Spa And Get A Smaller One

johnnyb60

Well I’m really tired of searching for answers on repairing my spa and I’m thinking of sawing it up into little pieces to fit into a dumpster like I saw on YouTube and buying a new one.

I have 46 jets that need to be resealed and I will need to remove all the foam to get to them. It’s going to take a lot of time and money to do this and I’m just not sure it’s going to be worth it to me. It’s also going to cost about $700 just to replace the foam and I’ve noticed that the acrylic shell has warped a little. I don’t know if that’s going to cause more problems later on, but the fitter door doesn't close right and it's hard to get the filters out. The wood sides are deteriorating and I probably should have weather sealed the wood when I first got it.

I also believe the manufacture has gone out of business because when searching for Diamante Spas, I only find poor reviews. I bought the Mojave Elite Series which is a 500 gal, 900lb spa and cost a lot just fill it and heat it. Then there’s the cost to maintain it with the larger amount of chemicals need for that much water.

So I’m now looking at a 2 person spa that is light weight and economical to operate. It’s lot cheaper to heat and provide chemicals for a 140 gal spa then a 500 gal. Plus I don’t want to share skin cells and bodily fluids with a lot of people anyway.

I just need to find one that I like and this time I’m going to read reviews before I buy.

johnnyb60 - I am not familiar with Diamante and I don't know how long you have had the spa, but it sounds like it may be time to move on.

While some enjoy some of the more exciting features on some tubs, I didn't decide to buy a hot tub because I wanted to see light shows and waterfalls or listen to poorly reproduced music - so I favor simplicity. A smaller tub will save you $ but a moderately sized, well insulated tub won't cost much more than a two seater. It is usually just two people in our tub but it is nice to have an option to sit elsewhere rather than remain in one spot or just swap to another seat, but some are okay with that.

As for sharing body fluids with another person - that can actually be a good thing - you just may be gong about it the wrong way (agree that the tub may not be best place for this).

johnnyb60 - I am not familiar with Diamante and I don't know how long you have had the spa, but it sounds like it may be time to move on.

While some enjoy some of the more exciting features on some tubs, I didn't decide to buy a hot tub because I wanted to see light shows and waterfalls or listen to poorly reproduced music - so I favor simplicity. A smaller tub will save you $ but a moderately sized, well insulated tub won't cost much more than a two seater. It is usually just two people in our tub but it is nice to have an option to sit elsewhere rather than remain in one spot or just swap to another seat, but some are okay with that.

As for sharing body fluids with another person - that can actually be a good thing - you just may be gong about it the wrong way (agree that the tub may not be best place for this).

thanks for your input.

So I’ve spent a couple of days searching and reviewing 2-3 person spas and the only one that I found that might be close to my needs is the AquaTerra™ Spas Toscano sold at Costco.

But then it occurred to me that there is another problem and that is ‘water displacement’. I’m not a huge guy but at 200 lbs, I can displace some water. So if my wife and I both get in at the same time with only 225 USG, a good portion of the water is going to end up on the ground and there goes my savings in heating and chemicals for the water.

Well now I’m back to being unsure of what to do. Oh and also the filter is much smaller than my 500 gal tub and I feel better with a lot of filtration.