Need Advice Buying Hot Tub / Spa This Week....rhythm Vs Peyton Vs Jacuzzi 245

DougandBeth

Hi everyone!

Again thank you all for your input and prior posts they have been very helpful!

We have narrowed down our spa selection to three spas and would love input from either owners of there spas or those that shopped them. Each of these spas are all priced identical to each other - $5,999 plus tax and this includes covers, lifts, stairs, chemicals, etc.

The three tubs are:

Hot Spot (Hot Springs) Rhythm

Sundance Peyton (lounger)

Jacuzzi 245

very excited and the worst part of this??? Electrician costs of $1,800 OUCH

We just evaluated that exact same lineup this past weekend. All seemed like well built, comfortable tubs.

Didn't like the way the Peyton pillows hit (I'm 6'1")

We ended up with a Maax Elite 7500.

I would have likely gone with the Jacuzzi 245 or Caldera Marino if my significant other didn't authorize the extra budget.

Hint: You might be able to shave a couple more dollars off the prices you listed.

Dreading our electrician visit tomorrow to quote the service upgrade!

Hi everyone!

Again thank you all for your input and prior posts they have been very helpful!

We have narrowed down our spa selection to three spas and would love input from either owners of there spas or those that shopped them. Each of these spas are all priced identical to each other - $5,999 plus tax and this includes covers, lifts, stairs, chemicals, etc.

The three tubs are:

Hot Spot (Hot Springs) Rhythm

Sundance Peyton (lounger)

Jacuzzi 245

very excited and the worst part of this??? Electrician costs of $1,800 OUCH

Those are all 3 good brands so with all things being equal go with your gut but only after first putting emphasis on your faith in each dealer and the wet test. It would be great if everyone wet tested but it doesn't always happen for a variety of reasons so if you don't wet test (which I guess is the situation since you didn't mention it) I would HIGHLY advise you to stick to spas that don't have a lounge. How much other people like their lounge spa is irrelevant to how well it will work for you. Lounges take up about 1/3 of the spa and the worst place to find out whether its a good fit for you is when the spa is in your own back yard.

Just had my Rhythm delivered yesterday. I love it! It was $5800 plus tax. As for the electrician, we did the wiring ourselves as my FIL is an electrician and it ran $115.00 in materials to run it 50ft. The rhythm came with the GFI sub panel and I already had the breaker, but unless you have some unusual run length or something that seems really high for a labor charge. If get a few more price quotes.

Thanks for all the input!

Here is where I am with all of this. Neither dealer is budging on their price at all (a lot of fairs and home shows happening this month) so I would imagine because they are selling like hot cakes right now.

I really for some reason like the 245 over the Rhythm for two reasons. Some told me the rhythm inside shell is a relatively cheap plastic and the Jacuzzi is much more solid (not sure if this is true). In addition the Rhythm seems like it looks a little cheaper in my opinion.

Now on the flip side of this:

The Jacuzzi dealer also deals with fireplaces. They have three stores and only one of them has online reviews and of the 8 reviews 6 are terrible and people bashing them about service. This sort of scares me a little. Great sales person but I wonder if something goes wrong what happens?

The HotSpot Rhythm dealer only specializes in hot tubs and pools. They have about 10 reviews online and every one of them is 5 stars with the exception of one and the owner replied to it online.

Now this is where I am stuck... Go with the tub we like (by the way both feel the same) or go with the better dealer?????

Thanks for all the input!

Here is where I am with all of this. Neither dealer is budging on their price at all (a lot of fairs and home shows happening this month) so I would imagine because they are selling like hot cakes right now.

I really for some reason like the 245 over the Rhythm for two reasons. Some told me the rhythm inside shell is a relatively cheap plastic and the Jacuzzi is much more solid (not sure if this is true). In addition the Rhythm seems like it looks a little cheaper in my opinion.

Now on the flip side of this:

The Jacuzzi dealer also deals with fireplaces. They have three stores and only one of them has online reviews and of the 8 reviews 6 are terrible and people bashing them about service. This sort of scares me a little. Great sales person but I wonder if something goes wrong what happens?

The HotSpot Rhythm dealer only specializes in hot tubs and pools. They have about 10 reviews online and every one of them is 5 stars with the exception of one and the owner replied to it online.

Now this is where I am stuck... Go with the tub we like (by the way both feel the same) or go with the better dealer?????

Lol, what? That is 100% BS. In fact both suppliers buy the same acrylic from the SAME supplier, same thickness... They both then layer on fibergalss as a backing, the same way. The shells are the one thing on the spa that you can say are closest to being completely identical. I know sales guys want to set their products apart from the competition during their presentation but sometimes its hard to stomach when they go this route. So besides those questionalbe reviews you saw, now you have to consider this BS. Watkins makes and sells a lot of Rhythms; they are well made, well priced and well received by the many who have bought and enjoyed them. I don't think there is much difference in the spas but there sure seems to be a big difference in the dealers.