New Owner

taytys

We just recently bought a 2006 Dimension One Californian from a couple down on their luck. This thing is awesome!!! We only paid $500 for it, SO I am VERY happy with that part. We have been using it for a few weeks but it needs several parts and I am wondering what is the best route to take: a dealer? eBay? D1 website? It needs a new cover, it's missing all 3 headrests, the intake covers by your feet are all broken, and we would like the user's manual. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated!!!

We just recently bought a 2006 Dimension One Californian from a couple down on their luck. This thing is awesome!!! We only paid $500 for it, SO I am VERY happy with that part. We have been using it for a few weeks but it needs several parts and I am wondering what is the best route to take: a dealer? eBay? D1 website? It needs a new cover, it's missing all 3 headrests, the intake covers by your feet are all broken, and we would like the user's manual. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated!!!

http://www.d1spas.com/customer-care-manuals.html

http://d1spacare.com/pillows.html

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/39909/Dimension-One-Spas-Californian.html?page=2

Read about covers in this fourm, lots of info and what awhat not to buy.

Use google, your find what you want..

Looks like you stole that tub, very good price.

Rick

Hi Taytys,

you can get a copy of your manual on line here:

http://www.d1spas.co...re-manuals.html

It's been my experience that you can get a new cover much cheaper on the internet than the dealer. There are many places that can make you a high quality cover at a very competitive price (including free shipping). The only issue may be if you have a cover lifter that bolts to the actual cover. you may find you'll have to re mount the lifter if the cover is differerent. YMMV.

I've also found replacement pillows are also MUCH cheaper on the internet vs the dealer as well.

I'd recomend you first research cover prices at places like Roberts Hot tubs http://www.rhtubs.com/ The owner is a member on this forum that goes by the handle of ; Dr Spa . Not sure if he can help you with pillows and intake covers. but a a simple google of "Dimension one spa parts" will give you a slew of places to check out.

Befrore ordering online, I'd check the prices with your local dealer, If the local dealer can come close to the internet prices, I'd recomend ordering from the dealer, It's nice to have a local dealer supporting you and who can help you out when you need service orhave a question. Keeping him in business with things like covers and pillows, and supplies is a big part of his business, However it's been my experience that my dealer is 2x the cost of the internet and as much as I like him, I couldn't justify paying him $300 for a set of pillows that I could get online for $125. There's dealer markup - but that's just insane.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the advise. I ordered 2 new pillows at $23 each and they are perfect. I also ordered a cover but it was damaged in transit so I refused delivery. They are suppose to be working on sending me another one. I have had NO luck in finding the intake covers. I may go to the local dealer 50 miles away to see what they can do. I am STILL loving this thing!!!

• 3 weeks later...

How did it go finding intake covers?

I just bought a used D1 tub myself...It's an Aurora II but I can't seem to find out the exact year. Model # is 042-AU2U-232-GM-92000-1. Previous owner said 8 years old, but she has not manual or proof of that that she could give me.

The filter basket area is my concern. There is NOTHING but a cover over there......no basket, no intake lid, no flanges or rings or anything.....not sure what it is SUPPOSED to have. Not sure if this model is supposed to have those E-Z Lock filter screens or inner screens.

I printed out a manual from 2003 for Aurora II, since it could be an '03 or '04 and the filter cleaning section mentions a "skimmer basket assembly" and the E-Z Lock Filter cartridge....but again, I'm not sure I have this exact year.

Anyone out there know how to find this stuff out? If I could only see a picture of the filter area in my exact tub. Or how to tell the exact year by looking at all the numbers in the Mechanical compartment?

Thanks for any help.

To get the intake covers, I had to contact my local dealer. She called the company and they said they no longer make them and that they would send me 2 for FREE! We really wanted to replace all four since they are brittle and break easily but was happy to find any. We did notice that one intake doesn't have any suction, next time we drain it, we will have to check that out. It is a broken one so it may have pieces that have gotten in there. We also got our new cover and it is perfect. We ordered a new fountain assembly and will pick it up when we pick up our intake covers. thanks to everyone for your help!

Wishingwell, did you go to your local dealer? Mine was very helpful!!!

• 2 years later...

The problem with the intake covers is that the Virginia Graham-Baker act has banned them as they are not sufficiently safe in preventing entrapment and are a risk of causing drowning, the correct way to take care of it is to replace the entire fitting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Graeme_Baker_Pool_and_Spa_Safety_Act