Foot Domes?

awolf

I have posted in a few threads but not gotten any specific feedback on this.

The question is how do you like or dislike your foot domes?

What are the pros and cons?

If you like it, how tall are you? Do you have any issues with being cramped when you put your feet on it?

Do you need to use it to brace yourself in your seat when the jets are on?

Looking at SD Optima, Jacuzzi J-365, maybe others.

Thanks in advance

Just bought my spa a few months ago. I was sure I wanted the Sundance Chelsee until I took a wet test. I'm 6'1" and I tried every corner seat out in that baby. I felt like I was riding a tricycle , my knees were up way to close to me. I'm not sure why, but I also seem to float around in all the seats too. Not sure if that was from the foot well jets or what. I ended up buying a Sundance Hamilton. People kept telling me not to buy a lounger but thats what I did. I am extremely happy with it. I have plenty of room to stretch out and I don't float around at all. Most people also told us that women don't like loungers cause they float around in them, well that is not the case with my wife. I can't get her out of my seat...LOL Hope this helps.

http://www.sundancespas.com/780series/chelsee/

It's my wife's favourite feature on our tub (it's called 'the volcano'). She's a foot person (loves foot rubs).

I on the other hand don't care for foot stuff. So I use it to massage my lower legs. I'm 6'1", and ours doesn't make me feel cramped.

You really have to wet test to figure out what's best for you. Lounger vs. no lounger, volcano/dome vs. not, etc.

Would you buy a car for $10K without test driving it? Not likely. Same for a tub.

awolf - We really enjoy the foot jetting in our tub. In our case the "dome" is rather small, just around the powerful volcano jet. The downside is it is a single jet so we take turns. The upside is that it is very powerful - some foot jets are so weak as to not be very effective. Like jeffinpickering, I use it on my calves and even hamstrings,thighs and butt.

As far as comfort when not using the foot jet, I'll sometimes sit with my feet in front of the dome. If I stretch over, I may press my foot against the far wall that rises up as the front of the seat. One of my favorite positions is when I really stretch out, almost horizontal and put my feet on the opposite seat and support my upper body on my hands (effortless with the buoyancy) and then I kind of swivel on my heels and my shoulders sweep back and forth in front of the large rotating jets. Although sitting stationary in front of the jets is nice, I have found that I prefer to move in front of them and have them hit a larger area. i know most people find a favorite seat and plunk down in it, but I tend to move quite a bit.

Whenever there is a lounge in question, I'd always suggest you wet test or simply go without if not because you really want to know ahead of time whether you'll like that feature or not. Its kind of the same with a foot dome (though to a lesser degree), some will like it and others won't but you'll know if you wet test it.

Thanks so far .. this helps. Wet testing in NM is trickier than other places. Dealers often only have one tub with water, if any (and its a couple hours for me - joys of living in the stix). The Optima is too large to reach the far side as near as I can tell. Hoping to try a D1 this weekend, if I can get him to move the water from a smaller tub.

I dry tested a hamilton - seemed like a pretty nice rig. Wish it had water .... ; (

I have both a volcano jet and a lounger. I enjoy both but the lounger is not my favorite seat. My favorite is a seat that is powered by pump 2 and its the only seat powered by the secondary pumo so it gets really powerful. I am 6'1" and enjoy having my legs over the volcano, my feet not as much. I do have an 8 person hot tub though so there is plenty of room to stretch out *unless there reaslly is 8 people in it*.