New D1 Purchase Today

MarkW

After many hours of research on this site and "the other" spa site, wet testing HS Grandee, Sundance Optima, Caldera Salena and D1 Chairman, talking to 8 different dealers, we purchased a D1 Nautilus today (our first hot tub) as it fit us both best with its' his and her corner seats. I'm 6'3", she's 5'7" and found the same seats in the Chairman to fit us best of the 4 tubs we wet tested.

All dealers are different and must say we were most satisfied with these particular HS and D1 dealers with their long years selling their brands and professional selling skills.

The tub is available now but the deck and tub pad must be built. I hope to be soaking before Halloween, just in time for the long, cold and white winters here in NH.

Thanks to all for their contributions to this site that ultimately helped us with our decision. I'm sure i will be back to this site many more times researching water care advice.

MarkW - enjoy your new tub. I really like the D1 nautilus and very nearly bought one about five years ago. I would have bought it but I had a major backyard job to do first but wanted to get an idea of what tub to buy for the sake of planning. Everyone is different but we wanted a tub w/o a lounge and with foot jets. At the end of the process we liked, in order, the Nautilus, the Jacuzzi J-365 and the Sundance Optima.

After the economy crashed and my three kids headed off to college we decided to dial back the budget, go a little smaller and ended up with a D1 Arena, which has been a great tub for us.

Spawn - I've read many of your comments over the past few weeks and your D1 ownership has been helpful with our decision to purchase a D1 spa. Thank you. As all new spa owners, we very much look forward to the relaxing times in the tub.

Packman - great to hear you are happy with the Nautilus after only wet testing the Chairman like us. Everybody says "wet test the same model" but that isn't always possible. Our dealer has two locations and both had only the Chairman wet. The lounge of the Chairman fit me but was too long for her. And the sequencer seemed more gimmick and complexity than I needed. I like the different options the foot dome provides in the Nautilus too.

Mark

Spawn - I've read many of your comments over the past few weeks and your D1 ownership has been helpful with our decision to purchase a D1 spa. Thank you. As all new spa owners, we very much look forward to the relaxing times in the tub.

Packman - great to hear you are happy with the Nautilus after only wet testing the Chairman like us. Everybody says "wet test the same model" but that isn't always possible. Our dealer has two locations and both had only the Chairman wet. The lounge of the Chairman fit me but was too long for her. And the sequencer seemed more gimmick and complexity than I needed. I like the different options the foot dome provides in the Nautilus too.

Mark

My personal favorite tub. Open design, solid construction, stellar longevity.

Mark

Mark - There are other top tier manufacturers and I know that everyone has their favorites. But I cannot imagine that you would not be happy with the Nautilus. While it seems that some folks think about what theri next tub will be, if soemone gave me my $ back and said to go out and buy a new tub, I would buy the same one. Very happy and so far absolutely trouble free.

Mark and Packman - do you guys use the D1 "Aqua Finess"? That is what comes with the tub. It seems like a pretty expensive treatment process.

I think I am going to pull the trigger on the Chairman today and buy it ; )

No tub yet but will be consulting with my dealer on water treatment.