Dichlor/bleach Method Or Just Chlorine

styro

Hi,

I was using Dichlor/bleach metod for last 2 sessons.

A month ago I found cheep liquide chlorine 12%

My question will be : what is the advantage of using dichlor /bleach versa only pure chlorine since the price is less then dichlor/bleach metod.

Maybe the water will stay more clear for longer period of time........?

So I decide to change for luqid chlorine to try.

Do I need to build 28ppm of CYA with dichlor or just use straitght chlorine.

Thanks

Pool chlorine (12%) and bleach(6%) are the same thing. Just higher strength.

You still need to establish a CYA of about 30ppm. otherwise the chlorine will be too strong.

Once you have the proper CYA level then use the "Pool" chlorine, Just remember that it is double the strength of grocery store bleach so you dose accordingly.

Bulk chlorine is indeed cheaper than bleach, I use it but I also have a swimming pool. If you're only using it for a spa there may not be that much of a saving. You have to consider how much you're buying vs how much you use. In my case the local pool supply sells 20L (about 5 Gallons) for $11.00 but there is no way my hot tub would ever need that much. Remember that liquid chlorine has a limited shelf life

Pool chlorine (12%) and bleach(6%) are the same thing. Just higher strength.

You still need to establish a CYA of about 30ppm. otherwise the chlorine will be too strong.

Once you have the proper CYA level then use the "Pool" chlorine, Just remember that it is double the strength of grocery store bleach so you dose accordingly.

Bulk chlorine is indeed cheaper than bleach, I use it but I also have a swimming pool. If you are only using it for a spa there may not be that much of a saving. Remember that liquid chlorine has a limited shelf life

Thanks. For quick response. I will defenetly try. The only question will be left about adding also borax before as well and why not What actually borax do?

Thanks