Tiger River Bengal Spa Heating Problem

brewha69

My tiger river bengal spa will not hold it's heat. I've made sure there is no air in the lines. The temperature and water will heat but only to a certain point.(about 90degrees). It will then slowly lose heat over the course of a couple days. It will not heat back up unless I drain it and start over again. It then goes through the same cycle all over again. I've replaced the pump last year and replaced the thermostat the year before. Is it another thermostat problem? I thought maybe I got a bad one. Any suggestions? Please help!

I cleaned and started it back up and it's now heated to about 102. Problem is, now it will peak at that temp and gradually lose heat over the next few days. I believe the reset button trips on the heater also. Could the thermostat be bad again? I replaced it 2 seasons ago.

I cleaned and started it back up and it's now heated to about 102. Problem is, now it will peak at that temp and gradually lose heat over the next few days. I believe the reset button trips on the heater also. Could the thermostat be bad again? I replaced it 2 seasons ago.

If you have a heater reset button, the heater will not begin to heat again until you reset it.

If you have a PDR heater, the PDR doesn't actually require the power to be turned off to reset- it just resets automatically when the heater has cooled.

Do you know which heater you have installed? I believe it came with a PDR heater, but my memory isn't the greatest.

If you suspect a bad thermistor- look at the ready light- is it flashing? It would be unusual for an 04 thermistor to go bad initially, and the chances of the replacement going bad are almost nill. How is the circ pump flow? Have you tried removing the filter?