Filter Won't Turn Off

shenry43

I am enjoying my second season of being a pool owner, but I am still trying to figure things out. Anyway, I have a Pentair IntelliChlor that is hooked up to an EasyTouch control system. My filter is on an automatic timer and is set to go off at 6 pm. Last night around 8 pm, I noticed that the pool filter was still on and the IntelliChlor output had all 5 lights green. At first I thought the system boost was on, but the lights are not flashing, they are solid. I double checked all the settings on the EasyTouch, but they were as they should be (the output was set to 45% for the pool and 2% for the spa). When I changed it on the EasyTouch, nothing happened to the green lights on the IntelliChlor. I checked the chlorine level in the pool and it is extremely high. The only thing I could think to do was to put it in service mode. Any ideas?

First, make sure that the time is correct on the Easytouch. Then confirm that the easytouch has the pump turned off. If the Easytouch says the pump is off, then you have a stuck relay. Usually a tap to the outdoor panel with the handle of a screwdriver will be enough to open the relay and stop the pump. You will probably need to replace The relay even if it appears to function normally from that point on.

I checked the time last night and it was correct (at least I'm thinking in the right direction-haha), and the Easytouch says the pump is on--the strange part is, I went back to check on things just about 15 minutes ago and things went back to normal...? I will feel better when the filter turns off tonight at 6 pm like it is supposed to do. I will follow up with the pool company about the relay. Thanks!