Softub 220 No Response

Hello,

I made a previous post about my 220 and the heat issue, but now I have a seperate issue wondering if anyone had the problem before. My unit wouldnt start at all, it was humming and would kick a breaker, since then I disassembled and found a string in the pump unit, reassembled and tested. Pump started like a champ.... but the dial is in the off position, after two days it was still continuously running and got over the 120 degrees mark (havent ordered in the high limit probe yet) but the dial is still in the 0 position. It has the manual push buttons for jets and for reset and both are unresponsive as well. The heat light is off but it seems to continue to build heat in the tub. I understand the pump is probably super hot due to continuously running and the heater is just an exchange unit but the only way to turn the tub on or off is the power switch on the surge protector it is plugged into or unplugging the GFI cord end.

Anyone have a direction to look in ?

When I took the unit apart for the first time I noticed the circuit board box was destoyed. The board is all intack just the protective box has pieces missing. I replaced the relay as well and no changes occured.

Thank you for any advice.

Sounds like the jet switch needs attention - stuck in the 'on' position. On the older units, it was air-operated. Be sure, if you have one of these, that the air tube got reconnected.

B)

I would just find the problem and fix it. These things are pretty simple, really. If you reach a point of frustration, consider paying a repair guy who has some experience with these things to look at it. For the price of a service call, or an hour of labor if you can take it to them, you will get a solution, and also learn a lot about your equipment.

B)

• 8 years later...

Sftup motor is cycling on and off repeatedly. I found a company that will repair the board if I send it to them. 

What I need is a video showing me how to take the unit apart to get at the board. Do you know where I can find one or maybe there are written  directions?

Please start your own thread, this one is 8 years old. Post up a picture of your spa pack, the wiring diagram on the back of the cover and of the equipment area. 

If it's a gecko system, there is a write up in one of the threads that have disassembly instructions.