Ez Pad

Newbie36

i am a soon-to-be first time hot tub owner (i've narrowed my choices to the caldera martinique and limelight flair). i was wondering about what to do about the foundation. i haven't priced out poured concrete pads, but i'm sure it will be an expensive route to go down. i came across the EZ pad. does anyone have any knowledge of/experience with these? they are affordable (about $365 i believe) and seem really easy to work with. they are 8'x8' in size. i would hate to make such a large investment in a tub, only to mess up the foundation. are these pads legit? will they void the tub's warranty? any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

p.s.: feel free to offer your opinion on the martinique and flair :)

Prices vary across the country, but right now I could get a slab poured for less than that if I did most of the prep work. That means operating a shovel, something I'm not unfamiliar with. Or, it could mean hiring a handyman, gardener, nephew, brother-in-law who owes you money, etc.

The slab would be far more stable, and is NOT that tough to remove if it comes to it down the road. (I have taken out lots of them over the years: to replace with a better one, with a larger one, one which doesn't face the sunset every night, one on the OTHER side of the yard, or just because the tub was going away, period.

You will have to do prep work for the EZ pad, and that's something I think gets overlooked - it's really not that much harder to prep for a slab, IMO.

cool.gif

I bought my hot tub in Dec 2010 I live in NY and the ground was frozen solid. I was able to skim enough dirt to level the area. I bought EZ pads from my dealer. My plan was to use the pads until spring then have concrete poured. Well I still have the pads under the tub. The only complaint is my tub is the D1 Amore bay and it has curves. So I could see a small section of the Ez pad. So far the pads are great

We put our tub in in the winter so could not pour concrete. My husband made a wooden frame and then levelled and pounded the earth and used a 4 inch gravel base for our "pad". The gravel has since settled so the tub in not absolutely level any more.

Not quite familiar with it but would be really interested to see how things are going to work out just right. Things should be going really well and fairly based on how things are panning out well.

I am not quite familiar with what other people think of it but hopefully one that would put it to the upper advantage.

• 8 years later...
On 8/5/2012 at 8:29 PM, Chas said:

Prices vary across the country, but right now I could get a slab poured for less than that if I did most of the prep work. That means operating a shovel, something I'm not unfamiliar with. Or, it could mean hiring a handyman, gardener, nephew, brother-in-law who owes you money, etc.

The slab would be far more stable, and is NOT that tough to remove if it comes to it down the road. (I have taken out lots of them over the years: to replace with a better one, with a larger one, one which doesn't face the sunset every night, one on the OTHER side of the yard, or just because the tub was going away, period.

You will have to do prep work for the EZ pad, and that's something I think gets overlooked - it's really not that much harder to prep for a slab, IMO.

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/Smileys/default/cool.gif

Hi @Chas, is your advise (and estimated pricing) the same 10 years later?