Scum Line On Vanguard Spa

gmaines

Just bought a 2012 hot springs vanguard. Love it, problem is it has been around 98 degrees out and we have not used it much.. About 2X a week. What can I use to clean the water line without screwing up the water.....

Thank you all.... This is my first spa and I love it. My dealer has been outstanding. I have learned so much from you all.

Thanks....

Well, the scum line can be from many different things. The best way is to simply wipe it with a clean cloth. You'll note that the line usually form just a little bit above the water, so you can wipe most of it off without dipping the towel into the water.

Start with that - if you need to use something to break the oil/grease, you can use something like:

lt-citrabright-16oz.jpg

Put a small amount on the towel and it should cut the grease, and if you get some into the water it doesn't foam up.

HTH

B)

There is a thing called "Chas' Law," which will come into play here. I may have to modify it for the ACE system, but the basic law is this: do a water change at the end of your first 30 days of tub ownership. Just once, but it makes a huge difference.

B)

Congratulations on having 2 daughters and a wife. Condolences on what the residual shampoo/conditioner in their hair, skin lotions, makeup, eyeliner, etc. will do to your water.

Invest $10.00 in a "Scumbug". I used to think I was wasting my money, untill my Daughter came to visit with 4 friends. I don't know what sort of make-up and lotion those girls had all over them but the next day the center of my normally white scumbug was yellow/brown.

• 1 year later...

I don't see the product Chas recommended above. What's the product? Thank you. A regular rag isn't enough and I also tried Leisure Time Citra Brite of which takes a LOT of elbow grease. Not a high bather load but my wife has makeup, we don't shower before etc. however the water is always clean. thks

• 2 weeks later...

I had a rather prominent scum line on my 3000 gallon swim spa. I simply reasoned: I use muriatic acid in the spa to equalize pH, why not a small amount in a bowl to break down the scum? I used gloves and goggles and it came right off with a scotchbrite sponge. Used Muriatic acid and steel wool on some rust on teh acrylic surface as well, also worked great. No fears of leaving a chemical that might suds up in the spa.