Lifespring Spas

gvdtk

Has anyone ever bought a Lifesprings spa? The business started in 1995. Their headquarters might be in Sunnyvale, ca. as I went to a show room there about 3 years ago and talked with a Peter. Put $100 deposit on a spa after hearing his presentation. Not pushy at all! Almost 2 years went by and we never did buy the spa (kid in college money thing). I called them and told them I could not buy a spa for a few years or more and is it possible to get my $100 back. The $100 was sent back to me within a week. Seems like a very good spa. Low overhead keeps price down. They are registered with the BBB. I think they have models LS7000, LS8000, and LS5700 made by Burboa Manufacturing.

What I want to know is if there is anybody out there who has bought one and what your opinions are of it?

Has anyone ever bought a Lifesprings spa? The business started in 1995. Their headquarters might be in Sunnyvale, ca. as I went to a show room there about 3 years ago and talked with a Peter. Put $100 deposit on a spa after hearing his presentation. Not pushy at all! Almost 2 years went by and we never did buy the spa (kid in college money thing). I called them and told them I could not buy a spa for a few years or more and is it possible to get my $100 back. The $100 was sent back to me within a week. Seems like a very good spa. Low overhead keeps price down. They are registered with the BBB. I think they have models LS7000, LS8000, and LS5700 made by Burboa Manufacturing.

What I want to know is if there is anybody out there who has bought one and what your opinions are of it?

hummm forgive me for being leery of your post. But that was not at all my experience with Life Spring spas. mine was more like getting trapped into a time share sales presentation that lasts 2 hours with a very hard close deal only good not for today but for this very minute kind of a thing. Very much like very old school in home sales tactic's.

hummm forgive me for being leery of your post. But that was not at all my experience with Life Spring spas. mine was more like getting trapped into a time share sales presentation that lasts 2 hours with a very hard close deal only good not for today but for this very minute kind of a thing. Very much like very old school in home sales tactic's.

Sorry about your experience with them. We met with a guy named Peter Palmiotto. If we didn't want the deal it was easy to walk away and say thanks but no thanks. It really was not some kind of 2 hour presentation hard push. He just showed us what they have and what it would cost and we decided to put down the $100 knowing we could get it back if we changed our mind.

Hopefully there is someone out there who has owned one and came tell me how they like it. I don't want to proceed further with them till I have several opinions about them.

When you had your 2 hour thing what did you think of the product rather than the guy pushing it on you?

Before I start telling my story, let me preface it by saying it has a happy ending so far.

We went for the LifeSpas presentation about two months ago, and decided to buy a spa from them. We had investigated several companies in the previous three weeks and were prepared with what we wanted and how much it would likely cost.

I had checked with the Better Business Bureau, and LifeSpas Inc. was rated "A". They had only eight complaints against them since 7/16/1999. Five complaints where they agreed to perform according to their contract, and three complaints where they refused to adjust, relying on the terms of the agreement. This looked like a pretty good track record to me.

When they offered the deepest discount to customers who paid cash at the end of the presentation, we foolishly gave them a check for half the total, $2,500, for a model LS 7000 with a foot dome option which included four extra foot jets. I say foolishly, because we could have paid by credit card, and been totally safe, but we were greedy and wanted an extra discount for cash. The only thing we changed on the contract, was to add a guarantee that the spa would be delivered in six weeks.

The next morning I was horrified at what my greed had exposed me to. Perhaps we had been the target of an elaborate scam! When I looked more closely at the contract I signed, it was on California Custom Spas letterhead, with Lifesprings Spas listed in the first sentence, but reading more closely, I realized that it was actually a contract with TNT Global Enterprises, Inc., an independently owned and operated store!

To my horror, I could not find a business license for TNT Global Enterprises, Inc., and they don't seem to be listed with the Better Business Bureau! This was a non-revocable contract. What had I done?

But to my shock, the spa was delivered 10/7/2005, one week late. It looks super! and they threw in a years chemicals and a $225 multicolor LED light for being a week late.

Now if I can just get the 220 hooked up...

Before I start telling my story, let me preface it by saying it has a happy ending so far.

But to my shock, the spa was delivered 10/7/2005, one week late. It looks super! and they threw in a years chemicals and a $225 multicolor LED light for being a week late.

I hope it will always be a good performing spa for you. But as in most everything about LifeSprings Spas much is exaggerated, that light they say is 225.00 can be bought for about 100.00 from most dealers. Its not so much that the spas are not good but its just that they are not what they are presented to be. Again I hope you enjoy enjoy it for many years to come.

We went for the LifeSpas presentation about two months ago, and decided to buy a spa from them. We had investigated several companies in the previous three weeks and were prepared with what we wanted and how much it would likely cost.

I had checked with the Better Business Bureau, and LifeSpas Inc. was rated "A". They had only eight complaints against them since 7/16/1999. Five complaints where they agreed to perform according to their contract, and three complaints where they refused to adjust, relying on the terms of the agreement. This looked like a pretty good track record to me.

When they offered the deepest discount to customers who paid cash at the end of the presentation, we foolishly gave them a check for half the total, $2,500, for a model LS 7000 with a foot dome option which included four extra foot jets. I say foolishly, because we could have paid by credit card, and been totally safe, but we were greedy and wanted an extra discount for cash. The only thing we changed on the contract, was to add a guarantee that the spa would be delivered in six weeks.

The next morning I was horrified at what my greed had exposed me to. Perhaps we had been the target of an elaborate scam! When I looked more closely at the contract I signed, it was on California Custom Spas letterhead, with Lifesprings Spas listed in the first sentence, but reading more closely, I realized that it was actually a contract with TNT Global Enterprises, Inc., an independently owned and operated store!

To my horror, I could not find a business license for TNT Global Enterprises, Inc., and they don't seem to be listed with the Better Business Bureau! This was a non-revocable contract. What had I done?

Hi George,

Thank you for the info. Did you get it with the Everfresh System? Keep me posted on how you are enjoying (or not) your Lifespring spa.

• 2 years later...

Question from previous writer: I think they have models LS7000, LS8000, and LS5700 made by Burboa Manufacturing. What I want to know is if there is anybody out there who has bought one and what your opinions are of it?

DON'T DO IT!!! After a two hour presentation last June, I bought a LifeSpas LS 8000 XP from Chino, Ca. The spa was manufactured by Burboa. I have now had it seven months. It has not worked correctly from the day it was delivered. Over sixty telephone calls; seven service calls; 500 gallons of water emptied/refilled/reheated five times; malfunctioning electrodes; bromide generator plumbing problems; defective circuit board on master power control; diverter valve problems; yellowing discolored stains on the duraflex (white surface) of the spa; a bad GFI (reset) switch on their main unit; a putrid odor/ black "scum" on the surface of the water; many months of frustration and talking with 12 different service people I would definitely say ... DON'T DO IT!!!

LifeSpas, Inc. is listed on the internet with the Better Business Bureau. They have a rating of "BB" (which is fifth down from the top out of twelve). According to this source they have had 19 problems listed in the last 36 months. I would definitely say ... DON'T.

:(

I would definitely say ... DON'T DO IT!!!

LifeSpas, Inc. is listed on the internet with the Better Business Bureau. They have a rating of "BB" (which is fifth down from the top out of twelve). According to this source they have had 19 problems listed in the last 36 months. I would definitely say ... DON'T.

:(

Life spas offers Spas made by Phoenix Spas of CA.

They have several 'locations' listed - but they are all 'by appointment only.'

Did you folks actually step foot into a showroom, or were you hearded into a 'presentation' type of thing?

B)

I bought my Lifespring Spa back in Oct of 2005 from the Santa Clara, CA, store which is actually owned by TNT Global Enterprises, Inc., an independently owned and operated store. For details see my post from that date.

First let me say that we are happy with the spa and fairly happy with the dealer. We had a problem with a valve not being installed correctly during manufacture, but the dealer came to my house and fixed it with minimum delay and at no charge.

We also had a problem with the city of Fremont when we tried to get a permit for the electrical hookup. The city insisted on a spa cover that had passed a safety test that included being walked on and locking to keep kids out. They required an official industry standard safety sticker with the proper rating.

At first the dealer refused, saying that each city had different rules and that they couldn't be expected to comply with all the codes. We escalated to the manufacturer and soon the dealer agreed to supply a cover upgrade with the required safety sticker in place at no extra charge. It took them a month, but they did it.

We have had no other problem and the spa has performed to our satisfaction ever since.

Cheers,

George

Previous message:

They have several 'locations' listed - but they are all 'by appointment only.' Did you folks actually step foot into a showroom, or were you hearded into a 'presentation' type of thing?

LifeSpas lists their corporate offices in Chino, Ca. And yes, when I called to find out about going to "look" at their spas in a showroom, I was told that attending a presentation was required.

The presentation was followed by looking around at six or seven spas and climbing inside of three empty spas to see if the recliner seats were comfortable. I didn't mind the presentation. There were only two other people there (a mother and son) besides myself and a friend.

My main regrets are that I bought the bromide generater--which has never worked correctly. They say it is because I have a high phosphate count in the water at my house --but my previous spa had no problems with phosphates (and according to my water company that came out and specifically tested my water) I do not have high phosphates.

I also regret getting the duraflexx surface (which is supposed to last a lifetime and be less slippery than the fiberglass). It turns yellow if not exposed to ultraviolet light (and where the cover seam closes). The salesman knew that the spa was going inside of a room and never disclosed this at the time of the purchase!

I have had months filled with servicemen that either do not come/call for their appointed days; never have had all of the supplies/materials necessary to do the jobs; and never have stayed long enough to refill the spa, add the chemicals, and wait to see that everything is working correctly.

Again, I will say that if you are thinking about getting a spa from this company .... DON'T DO IT!!!

• 2 months later...

We purchased our spa over 3 years ago from the showroom in Santa Clara. Jets have begun falling out into the tub. We have repalaced all the jets and they continue to dissolve and fall out into the tub. Now the water has drained out and we have shut it down. Looking for a service technican to make a house call in Moraga, CA.

When we first purchased the LifeSprings spa there was a factory person who came out and checked everything out. A nice touch. Would like to find that same guy, but the showroom seems to have left northern california.

• 8 months later...

I recently, Sept 5,2008, paid for a spa from Islander Spas Inc Las Vegas. I went to their showroom. I was an idiot and bought after a high pressure resentation.

Since it never worked, and still isn't working, I did some investigation. It seems LifeSpas of Chino is no longer associated with Burboa dba Islander Spas among others. They did make a spa for them a while back. The local LifeSpas dealer used that name sold was the burboa line only. They went bankrupt and reopened weeks later a few miles from the first store under the new name. The will not admit this, but I did my homework.

I filed a BBB complaint against both Burboa dba Islander Spas Fontana CA and the Las Vegas Islander Spas Inc. I have been told by the local office that they will not longer give me warranty service, call the manufacturer because of this. Burboa told me if I withdrew the BBB complaint, they'd give me service. Then they said I was a racist because I wouldn't allow a man into my yard, without an appointment or phone call of any kind, smelling of marijuana so strongly that I thought I was going to get a contact high. I tried to talk to him, he just stared at me. He didn't seem to speak English, I don't know Spanish. My dogs were going crazy trying to get him, so I told him I was going to cage the dogs, then shut the door. When I came back seconds later, he was gone. I called Burboa and told them what had happened and was he there to fix my spa. Because of that I'm a racist? I have 5 mixed race kids, I doubt that I'd be called a racist by anyone.

So, I have a spa, actually the second because the first was a total lemon and they replaced it, and the temp won't go above 96 degrees. My husband is an electronic enginner, he quickly firgured out how to operate it and downloaded manuals from the manufactures they use. I can't get anyone to service it. Four and a half months and I've been able to use it 5 times.

Next stop will be small claims court. I want my money back, I don't want to deal with these people anymore!! And, don't let them tell you DuraTemp is plastic over wood. It's a house siding material they just paint, and not even covering all the bare wood at that!

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE NO MATTER WHAT NAME THEY USE! My electician, who they recommended, says I'm one of many unhappy customers.

• 12 years later...

I bought a Lifespring Spa thirty years ago.  It is in a house that has been rented since 2004.  I recently checked it out after a tenant moved out.  It required a new GFCI part and worked fine.  My problem is I have no manual and do not know how to program it.  I have not been able to find a manual on line.  If you know how please let me know.