Pentair Temp Sensors

Are you are a tech? have you been experiencing a rash of temp sensors going bad? How many would you say in the past 6 months?

Are you a pool owner?, and had your temp sensor go out on your new automation?

I'm going to be talking to a automation rep from Pentair, and would like to let him know the size of the the failures.

Thanks, PC

I see the ts5L fail all the time, though it normal is in older pool systems, I haven't seen very many on pools still in pentairs warranty fail. Maybe 4 in the last 3 years and one of those was on an ez touch. The older model intellitouch and cp units seem to need the sensors replaced every couple of years. I would say it is is the weakest link in there controllers.

• 3 years later...

I have a related question. Recently, my Freeze Circuit is activated and I cannot seem to shut it off. I have a feeling that it may be because of a bad air temperature sensor because on the panel inside there is the display 'air temp sensor error' and I attempts to recalibrate it fail. So does anyone know if the default logic of the Intellitouch system activates the Freeze Circuit if an air temp sensor fails? Thanks a lot

I have a related question. Recently, my Freeze Circuit is activated and I cannot seem to shut it off. I have a feeling that it may be because of a bad air temperature sensor because on the panel inside there is the display 'air temp sensor error' and I attempts to recalibrate it fail. So does anyone know if the default logic of the Intellitouch system activates the Freeze Circuit if an air temp sensor fails? Thanks a lot