Help With Power Board Old Soverign Spa

jdavis

My mom has an older 1990's soverign spa ss no. I 341126 not sure of exact year. The problem with the control or power board is bad according to technician. He indicated that a board like this one cannot be found and need a new spa. Looking for ideas and suggestions that I can do. New board purchased, other options. The spa is otherwise in great shape and has been working well before the board wen't bad. Thanks.

That would be a PWA board, PN 70821 -

70821_100.jpg

And yes, it is discontinued. I have two on my shelf, and many other HS dealers most likely do as well.

$300 give or take, and that is a good used board.

You may also be able to send it to a place like 'Horizon Spa Parts' in AZ and have them repair it - they do work on all types of boards - should cost less.

I would also do a Google search to see if anyone has a new one on the shelf - These are all options to keep that spa running! It is very rare that those boards go bad, sorry to hear yours did.

HTH

B)

Wow, this is recent- thanks for the heads up- I just ordered one a few months ago, it was still available. Granted, it was the first one I had to order in over 10 years...

I'd get rid of it as well though- 1994 was not the greatest year for Hot Springs. If you're unable to find a dealer with an old circuit board in stock, and if she's married to it- you could keep it original looking with a 1997 control box (71382) and 1997 control head (71260)

The control head will attach to the existing faceplate, and will fit in the existing cut-out hole. You'll need to find a way to mount the control box, it doesn't matter where- the control head plugs into the control box via a data cable, unlike the 1994, where the control box *must* be mounted directly behind the control head.