Balboa/freeflow Start Up Codes Help

mw4

I have a newly purchased used freeflow spa, a TLX FREE20, I think it's a 2004??

The unit powers up, and upon startup I get the following codes in sequence: 100, 63, 21, 12, Pr, Ec.

The "heat" light comes on, but does not seem to be heating.

What do the numbers mean?

The first are the PCB and revision (100, 62, 21, 12)

The "Pr" Menas it's in a priming cycle, which it will do every time you plug it in.

The "Ec" means its in economy mode, and will only heat during the filter cycle. The filter cycle is programmable,, f2, f4, f6, f8, and Fc. (2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours, 8 hours, continuous)

The mode of operation is also programable, and you DON'T want it in economy to heat up the first time, you want it in standard mode (st) you can have St, Ec, and Slp. Sleep mode (slp) will turn the heater off, and standard mode St) will run it thermostatically.

• 9 years later...
10 hours ago, dead in the water said:

Hi, I have a similar question on Freeflow start up codes. My 2015 Freeflow spa quit working and is displaying 217 and then r2 and then r2 again on the display. First it flashes the entire display, then the above codes, then does it all again. Can anyone help out with an explanation of the above codes?

Thanks

Please start your own post and include photos of your spa pack so we know what you have. Sounds like your spa is stuck in a boot loop. Use search bar... " Gecko boot loop"