Hayward Super Pump Wirering 120V/230V

i bough a hayward 1.5 hp superpump (used) and it was wired for 120v

here is the deal. im looking at the terminals and were it says L1 was hot and L2 was neutral

i now that to make it 240v i just have to feed L1 and L2, now what i want to know is if i have to rewire the resistor to meet the 240 voltage (i dont want to burn the resistor)

im a comercial LIC. electrician we never do residential never mind pool motors. now if i was at work ill do what the wiring diagram says and feed L1 and L2 and dont worry about the rest but a guy at work told me that if it was wired for 120v to switch it to 240v i might have to rewired the resistor.

is this true or should i just go and feed L1 and L2 and dont worry about the rest.

thanks

Did you move the jumper? It has two wires on it. At 120, only one spade lug is covered. At 240, both middle ones are.

Scott

no i did not move any wires.

im not understanding what you are saying sorry

do you have a pic or a wiring diagram?

ill look at my motor tomorrow morning to see if i can understand what you are saying.

ill let you know what i see.

thanks

ill try to post a pic

There is a jumper with two wires on it. It can cover either 1 or 2 spade lugs. For 240V use, the jumper needs to cover both lugs. For 120V, it only covers the upper lug.Scott

hope this can help you help me.

i dont know how to post a pic here.

let me know if you can see this one

now it has the hot on the L1 and the neutral on the L2 (for 120v)

the only other wires i see is the white with the bk stripe going to a terminal between the terminals L1 and L2

then the blue one goes behind the L2 terminal

Put the pic in a Photobucket album. Hover over the pic. 4 Options pop up. Click on the 4th option and paste it here.

Scott

I believe all that's needed is to move the black trace wire to a different terminal. There should be a label on the outside of the motor similar to what's below. Can you get a pic of it and upload it? I should have the wiring instructions on it.

pump-M.jpg