Help With Pool/ Spa Heater

Nevets

Ok a little back story. Heated the spa about 2 weeks ago. Everything worked fine and the spa heated nicely. Then last weekend put the

filter pump on and the pool heater and left to do some things. When i got back home the pool wasnt warm. Go to the heater and the

service AGS light is on. Turn it off to try again. Runs about 3 times and then service AGS light comes on again. I can smell gas when it

comes on and starts blowing air through the vent so i know its getting gas.

So i switch to spa and see if that will heat. But instead of service AGS light coming on, I'm getting the pressure switch light flashing and

the heater wont kick on.

Anybody have ideas? I want to try and do this myself because I can't really afford to have a technician do it. Ive done some searching

but because i dont know what's what I'm not really sure what im suppose to be checking. Here's some pictures of my setup for

reference and maybe you can tell me what i should check and where it is in the pictures.

IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

I have the exact same LAARS LT model. I would switch the system back to pool to ensure you get the same AGS symptom. If so, then remove the front panel of the LAARS and try another restart. The things you are looking for after the exhaust fan blower starts is:

1.) Do you see the glow bar glowing orange down at the bottom? You should see it reflect off the chrome burner pan.

2.) Do you hear the distinct click of the gas valve after the glow bar is orange for a few seonds?

If you answer yes to both of these, then gas does not seem to be getting close enough to the glow bar to ignite. Sometimes there are spiderwebs that build up on a few jets and does not allow the gas to flow through that specific jet. Also, it is claimed by some that even though the glow bar glows orange, that it may not be quite hot enough to ignite the gas.

Check on #1 and #2 and report back.

If you are smelling gas, then the HSI is (not glowing/igniting) broken, and the gas valve is opening, meaning all safety switches have been satisfyed.

You wont smell gas if the gas valve is not opening and the gas valve wont open till after the HSI is "told" to glow, not glowing, but given the call to glow.

Does that make sense?