Watson's & The Great Escape's Ecco Hot Tubs Brand F Rated By Better Business Bureau

• 1 month later...

Far be it from me to argue with a Sith Lord! In fact, there is no way I could : you have the tub you have, and you have had the results you have had, and that's awesome!

But I would like to point out that this brings up an important point I wish more people would consider: You are one person, and you have had good results with one spa. But there are enough folks out there who have had enough trouble with this particular brand and dealer system for the BBB to drop the boom as they have.

I'm only saying that coming here and getting the thumbs up from one party, or even two or three, is no guarantee - Your Smileage May Vary!

B)

I have no idea why this would be the case. I personally have owned an Ecco Hot Tub for several years now, and I honestly couldn't be happier. Works great,easy to maintain, and man does it feel good to relax in it. I would personally highly recommend it.

Or look at it this way. If you love your current tub imagine how much you would love a high quality tub.

I WANTED TO JOIN THIS FORUM BECAUSE I ALSO ENJOY MY "ECCO" SPA.

I THINK ITS AN EXCELLENT SPA (AND YES, THIS ISN'T MY FIRST SPA).

BUT FRANKLY, AFTER READING YOUR ATTACKS ON "SITHLORD715" AFTER HE

POSTED A SIMPLE POSITIVE COMENT ABOUT HIS EXPERIENCE WITH "ECCO", I DONT

THINK THAT YOU GUYS ARE INTERESTED IN A FORUM DISCUSSION, BUT SIMPLY IN BASHING

"ECCO".

IT SEEMS TO ME THAT ALL THAT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN IS GIVING "DYNASTY/ECCO" A BAD NAME

AND PROMOTE YOUR OWN AGENDA.

Well, this all escalated quickly... have you people (aka, Spawn and hjames) ever considered the fact that I simply hadn't been inclined to register until recently? I've been browsing these forums for a few weeks now, and never did I truly feel the need to reply to a topic, until I saw this one. And why did I reply to it (and therefore, register on this forum)? To simply throw my two cents worth, considering I own the spa for a while now, and have been quite pleased with it

But no, you're probably right. I'm probably being paid thousands of dollars by top executives at Dynasty Spas to register on some internet forum and make one small post about how much I love their spas. While we're at it, who do you guys think really killed JFK? Because I'm pretty sure the government was behind it

Please be civil everyone. Unfortunately, this forum has seen its share of 'shills' so the skepticism toward someone who comes on the forum and makes one post to refute negative press is understandable. Likewise, someone who registers with a username like 'spaexpert' and had no track record to back it up will also probably not be taken seriously by the regular community here (and the true 'experts' on this forum have demonstrated this fact by being active members of this community with genuinely useful postings.)

One the other hand these two particular users might have had good experiences with this particular spa, even though there is documentation that this company's products has had major problems, so their posts could reflect their own experience. However, as Chas pointed out:

But I would like to point out that this brings up an important point I wish more people would consider: You are one person, and you have had good results with one spa. But there are enough folks out there who have had enough trouble with this particular brand and dealer system for the BBB to drop the boom as they have.

I'm only saying that coming here and getting the thumbs up from one party, or even two or three, is no guarantee - Your Smileage May Vary!

B)

Well, this all escalated quickly... have you people (aka, Spawn and hjames) ever considered the fact that I simply hadn't been inclined to register until recently? I've been browsing these forums for a few weeks now, and never did I truly feel the need to reply to a topic, until I saw this one. And why did I reply to it (and therefore, register on this forum)? To simply throw my two cents worth, considering I own the spa for a while now, and have been quite pleased with it

But no, you're probably right. I'm probably being paid thousands of dollars by top executives at Dynasty Spas to register on some internet forum and make one small post about how much I love their spas. While we're at it, who do you guys think really killed JFK? Because I'm pretty sure the government was behind it

Don't take it too personally, really, I did not mean to offend. But there have been many posts like this, with people who post once, and never return. It's really nothing personal, but things like that happen frequently.

AS I EXPECTED, INSTEAD OF ADDRESSING MY POSITIVE COMENT ABOUT

MY "ECCO" SPA, THAT BY THE WAY I AM ENJOYING VERY MUCH,

"WATERBEAR" DECIDED TO ATTACK ME PERSONALY, AND QUESTION IF I

AM REALY A SPA EXPERT LIKE HE SUPPOSEDLY IS.

"WATERBEAR" YOU JUST MADE MY POINT - NON OF YOU ARE INTERESTED

IN DISCUSSIONS OF POSITIVE SPA EXPERIENCES, BUT IN THROWING MUD ON

PRODUCTS AND PEOPLE THAT DON'T HAVE YOUR POINT OF VIEW.

Waterbear has 2,849 posts to prove his expertise....you now have 2. As Waterbear said, it's HIGHLY unusual for someone to come on here and for their first post refute a complaint. Experience has shown that 99.999% of the time, the poster is a "shill". Considering that the BBB has given them an F rating, and that was your first post...well.

Your recommendation, comes solely from your experience with ONE spa.

AS I EXPECTED, INSTEAD OF ADDRESSING MY POSITIVE COMENT ABOUT

MY "ECCO" SPA, THAT BY THE WAY I AM ENJOYING VERY MUCH,

"WATERBEAR" DECIDED TO ATTACK ME PERSONALY, AND QUESTION IF I

AM REALY A SPA EXPERT LIKE HE SUPPOSEDLY IS.

"WATERBEAR" YOU JUST MADE MY POINT - NON OF YOU ARE INTERESTED

IN DISCUSSIONS OF POSITIVE SPA EXPERIENCES, BUT IN THROWING MUD ON

PRODUCTS AND PEOPLE THAT DON'T HAVE YOUR POINT OF VIEW.

Well. The caps and bold are not necessary, I must agree with Dr. Spa, you have no reputation to back your statements. How about you post some pictures fo your spa, and tell us more info about yourself, like how long you've had your current spa, how long you've had spas, and what your last ones were.

If I could politely ask you to refrain from all caps -

I was trying to sleep here! :lol: :lol: :D

Photos would be nice - they are always helpful and interesting - and a short list of the other spas you have owned does go a long way toward establishing a bit of validity. Thanks!

B)

Well I am one of those guys who feels that he can learn something from anyone. So when a new poster shows up and shares his perspective, i'm pleased. So please, Sithlord, and spaexpert, share your point of view with us. I know very little about Ecco spas except that the company has received an F rating from the BBB for some reason. I would love to see what one of these tubs looks like after several years. I am just a consumer, not a dealer or a tech, so I am eager to learn as much as I can about different tubs - who knows, maybe my next one will be an ecco?.

As for the tone of the thread, may I say that those of use who have been on the forum for awhile have seen multiple instances where first time posters have had a hidden agenda. If you had been reading the forum for some time, I don't think you would be suprised by the reaction to two first time posters suddenly popping up to defend a spa. If I have offended you, I sincerely apologize.

So moving forward, I am hoping that Sithlord, and spaexpert tell us more, rather than disapper. Not knowing about Ecco spas i wonder what ofther brands you considered or owned, why you bought Ecco, pros and cons. Saying "I THINK ITS AN EXCELLENT SPA ", doesn't really tell us much and if I may be honest (please no offense intended) does not really sound like something a "spaexpert" would say.

Hello,

I would thick twice before buying anything other than top brand spas. Maybe if it was a used running spa filled and in workong order and under one thousand on big name and under five hundres for a small company and that is if, I already had a power hook up. If I found any spa with a f rating I wouldent even consider it. Do big name spas have problems, yes, but they have a big warrinty and most big named dealers that are still around usually have great service. I have found that if you speak to the dealer has a person, like you would want to be treated, it goes along ways to getting anything done. I have a 2010 Hotsprings jetsetter with no issues(bought new in 2009). I wanted a smaller spa for back pain and it was my best spa for the long haul. It cost more than two other small named spas I was looking at, but you do get what you pay for in a spa. The company I bought from had one complant at BBB that was years old and they sell tons of spas and are still around , with four companys long gone here in Va.

Rick

Joker,

You are posting a "buyer beware" but may I ask what prompted you to do this? I'm not commenting about anything in particular that you are saying because I don't know any of this but am just curious about what you didn't say. Usually when someone has a major issue with a brand and comes here to let others know they give a little back story as to what prompted them to warn others (i.e. they owned one and had issues, they fix them and see issues, they sell against them and deal with disgruntled owners coming to them for help, etc.).

Joker,

You are posting a "buyer beware" but may I ask what prompted you to do this? I'm not commenting about anything in particular that you are saying because I don't know any of this but am just curious about what you didn't say. Usually when someone has a major issue with a brand and comes here to let others know they give a little back story as to what prompted them to warn others (i.e. they owned one and had issues, they fix them and see issues, they sell against them and deal with disgruntled owners coming to them for help, etc.).

Gee, Spatech, maybe the Better Business Bureau D- and F ratings, lawsuits, Government Action, hidden warranty, and insulation described as "full foam"...

Wouldn't you as a consumer like to make an informed buying decision by considering all these FACTS before making a major purchase such as spa?

People should be made aware why these spas sell for less when compared to reputable brands which have never been F rated by the BBB and proudly display a copy of their warranty online.

So your doing it cause your a nice guy?

Joker,

Gee, Spatech, maybe the Better Business Bureau D- and F ratings, lawsuits, Government Action, hidden warranty, and insulation described as "full foam"...

Wouldn't you as a consumer like to make an informed buying decision by considering all these FACTS before making a major purchase such as spa?

People should be made aware why these spas sell for less when compared to reputable brands which have never been F rated by the BBB and proudly display a copy of their warranty online.

But you TOTALLY ignored my question. I was not debating ANYTHING that you posted. I've got no horse in this race. I'm just curious because we usually hear why someone is less than thrilled with a brand but yours had no back story. Were you a past owner, having to deal with disgruntled customers at your competing store...?

I'm neither on your side nor against you, I'm just observing this thread. Please, go back and re-read my post and you'll see I was merely wondering what prompted you to post this, and still am wondering.

• 3 months later...