2005 Sundance Optima

I have a problem with my spa in that neither pump will start...circulation pump and heater are working fine, as is the air pump. When I try to start either water pump all I get is a click and the spa relay switches off and resets. The same happens when I try to turn on the LED lights. Water temp is ok and no error messages are showing.

The only difference on the LCD panel to normal is that the panel constantly shows "am" and "pm".

This issue resolves when you go to the time or filter time function and comes back when the panel returns to normal output.

I tried hardwiring pumps 1 and 2 to see if they run independently of the spa, and both ran fine!

Update:

After taking advice from Sundance (and others) I ordered a replacement circuit board...installed it yesterday and now the spa is in "watchdog" mode!

I put the old board back in and the spa operated as above.

I checked the fuses on the new board and found that Fuse 1 was blown so I swapped it out and still got watchdog mode.

I put the old board back in after that and now that board too is showing "watchdog" mode.

What would casue Fuse 1 to blow?

I tested the temp and hi limit sensors at 28C:

Temp = 27.7, High Limit = 48.1 with a digital meter.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, I am in New Zealand a long way from a Sundance dealer!

Regards,

Steve

Steve

Those readings on the temp sensor and hi limit sensor should be pretty close together. According to my chart a good sensor at 28 c should be about 26,400 ohms. That temp sensor looks pretty close, but that hi limit looks way off. I would change both of them out if it were my tub, but for sure the hi limit looks bad.

When a board is bad and causing watchdog you can usually visually inspect the capacitors near the center of the board and tell they are swollen and slightly bulging.

Ignore the blown fuse for now unless it keeps happening.

Cheers

Amos

• 11 years later...