Outback Spas

laboomaha

Has there been any discussion on the Outback Spas? They look exactly like the Hydro Spas. I saw something about the jets coming out on the Hydro spas and wanted to know if that is a big concern. And if there is a way to avoid it.

I've never heard of them but Hydro Spas makes many spas for others where they are simply rebranded; this is probably the case here.

I've never heard of them but Hydro Spas makes many spas for others where they are simply rebranded; this is probably the case here.

I have a Hydro in my back yard, the jets did start popping out immediately...it was the least of all the problems, I just kind of kept screwing them back in. You may want to look at Target and Walmart sites, the discount spas they offer also look VERY familiar (i.e. Hydro Spa??? perhaps).

:(

If you want to see another example similar to the one you encountered, look here http://www.selberg.org/~speed/spa.html

Hi. I just want to provide an update to all you fabulous spa-loving people out there. I just heard from the owner Mark of Hydro Spa via e-mail and it seems that once again, surprise, surprise, they may not be honoring their own word as usual. They may be backing out of their promised refund. "He swears he didn't know the local agent he told me to call to pick up the spa tomorrow was out of the state, it's his manager's fault, Hank" (even though I e-mailed him about it two days ago, as soon as I left a message with the agent's answering service). If you even think I'm exagerating, I would be more than happy to forward a copy of the "Hydro Spa Excuse Parade" of e-mails along to you upon request. He actually called me a "piece of work" in his e-mail! The alleged OWNER! That's not very professional!

Then, he mentioned his anger with my reference to this ordeal on this web site, I didn't know this site was so popular! I think he's really ticked off, now that I have finally told the 100%, undeniable, irrefutable, totally documented, TRUTH about HYDRO SPA to some one else. If that's why he's not going to honor the agreement, so be it. I actually feel really liberated here, like I just purged this huge nasty secret. Because I WAS really embarassed about the whole thing. I thought if I told someone the way I had let them treat me, they would really think I was stupid. I feel really stupid, don't get me wrong, and hope and pray people here can learn from my mistakes, but still more empowered now that I am equipped with some of the well-intentioned, sincere advise given here!

Will they pick up their lemon and grant me a refund after for months of giving me the run around? Stay tuned! It all remains to be seen tomorrow.

But I digress, after reading Hydro Spa's new list of excuses this afternoon, I was so upset, I was almost ready to give up again. Then, I finally took a look at the web site referenced above (and below) that some of you had recommended to me. It is fantastic for anyone who needs to deal with unethical corporate bullies in the spa industry. It suggests ways you can make things happen professionally, by the book, without getting the run around for near eternity! I HIGHLY recommend it for us newbies who have never been through this and didn't even see it coming! I'm still not giving up. Thanks again! (PS I scheduled my wet test at D1 today to "ease" my frustration).

http://www.selberg.org/~speed/spamail/date.html :wub:

I have a Hydro in my back yard, the jets did start popping out immediately...it was the least of all the problems, I just kind of kept screwing them back in. You may want to look at Target and Walmart sites, the discount spas they offer also look VERY familiar (i.e. Hydro Spa??? perhaps).

:(

No. Walmart, Target, Home Depot spas are manufactured by Image or Weslo.

NightRyder

Has there been any discussion on the Outback Spas? They look exactly like the Hydro Spas. I saw something about the jets coming out on the Hydro spas and wanted to know if that is a big concern. And if there is a way to avoid it.

YES outback spas another small company with a store in Phoenix and if you look at the spas you will see that they are in a class of their own I recognise the molds as U.S tooling molds , but take a look at the warranties and the quality of construction including the cabinets, however they do seem to have a grasp as to what they are worth as the are less expensive than most brands. I would save my money and go with one of the big players in the industry. I had a customer in Phoenix that had baught the store owners house there and the spa was left with a 1 yr warranty and the board went out and the tech took the pack out and sent it back to the manufacturer of the board for repairs all the while the customer had to wait for this repair to take place before having his tub repaired. this is known as a "pass thru warranty" and is not my idea of customer service. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Outback Spas are manufactured by Hydro Spas. The are regular Hydro Spas with a private label. Hydro makes them for SPP (Superior Pool Products) a sister company to SCP (South Central Pool Distributors) Superior sells three models fom Hydro Outback Spas, through its distribution warehouses throughout America. They sell them to Swimming Pools Stores. Most of the stores are smaller pool stores, that just dabble in spas. The advantage for them, is SPP stocks the spas,so no inventory. SPP will deliver it right to the the consume-no delivery crew. For service SPP has a toll free number for tech support. No service tech required. Real advantages for the small dealer. But, for the consumer. service will be the big question. Dave.