Suggest Small Or Medium Hot Tub With Hamstring And Calf Jets

I am looking for a small or medium sized hot tub (under 7 ft, preferably 2-3 person) that will give me an excellant massage, particularly in the hamstring and calf areas. There are few hot tubs out there with jets in the hamstrings, and most I've seen are larger hot tubs. It seems most small hot tubs have only a few jets for the back, foot, and maybe a couple weak jets on the calf. They seem to be marketed for lower budgets. I like the features on the new jacuzzi 415, but the dealers do not have it in their showroom and I will not but a hot tub I cannot wet test. Does anyone else make a really high quality tub that is small?

Soakmyfeet - I am sure that there are other tubs that may meet your needs but I'll share my opinion about my tub which I think you should check out, if available in your area. While my tub does not have hamstring and calf jets, per se, it provides exceptional hamstring and calf massage and great massage in general.

My tub is a Dimension One Arena, a round tub that is 87" in diameter, just a hair over the 7' you specify. It is a simple tub with fewer jets than most, but the jets are large and deliver powerful massage that can be adjusted individually at the jet and/or by the diverter which directs the full force of the pump to either half of the jets. Typically we just have all jets on full and run the pump on high speed. Don't be misled that many jets = better massage and don't get the idea that plopping in one of the seats and letting the jets do their thing is the best way to a quality massage. I find that being able to move around in an open seating tub, rather than just sitting back in highly sculpted seats leads to better massage.

Many tubs have foot and calf jets but I find them to be rather weak and not too effective. The Arena has a powerful volcano jet in the center of the tub. When I first get in I slowly massage one foot, then the other over the volcano, slowly working my way up. I usually sit where the two large rotating jets will work my lower back while doing this. Next is the ankles, then the calves, then the hammies, then I turn over and do the thighs. Like a massage from a massuese, I work from the extremities toward the heart (yeah, I know it is not the same as a massuese but it works for me). While my wife takes over the volcano, I work on my hands - one at the whirlpool jet, the other at one of the three large rotating jets and similarly, work up the arms to the shoulders. In front of the three roating jets, i rock side to side massaging the upper back. Then I go through a stretch routine, but I'll spare you the details.

The main point is that I think that you will not find a more effective way of massaging your calfs and hammies than with the volcano jet or similar jet in another tub by D1 or another manufacturer. My wife and I ride a tandem bicycle for exercise and on Saturday rode 112 miles and I made the unfortuante decision to ride too hard in a couple of stretches, competing with other riders. I was feeling very sore but a 30 minutes soak on Saturday while chugging down too large water bottles and a glass of rose helped tremendously. Sunday morning I was better but still feeling a little tender so another 30 minute soak, with stretching this time, got me back to feeling pretty much good as new.

The tub has seating on three different heights, plus a cool down seat which is very useful if you want to stay in longer but are getting a little warm. The rim has infinite locations for setting a beverage. You may find it is not the tub for you but if calf and hammie massage is key I think you should definitely check it out.