2003 Hot Spring Sovereign - Startup Needs

Okay, I am new to the hot tub world, but have purchased a 2003 HS Sovereign and need to know what chemicals I need and if there is a good (less expensive) online option for purchasing these. I am about an hour away from the nearest dealer so need to be able to do as much as possible on my own. Also, I saw where specific brands are referenced. Are there less expensive subs that can be used or do I need to stick the specific brands noted?

Thank you so much in advance!!

go to the water chemistyr section of the forums and read all the pinned topics. Decide which sanitizer you want to use (chlorine or bromine) then re-read the pinned topics on those. when you think you understand, then read them all again. That's the best way to sucess in running and maintaining a spa. I know nothing about it before i came here. after doing the above i had a flawless startup and have had zero problems in the first month.

I bought from any number of online dealers. A lot of people like spadepot. I used spa-mart as well. any of the major chemical suppliers are fine but you can get everything you need at walmart too.