De Passing Through The Sand Filter

nemo6

Hi , everyone , i have a in-ground pool about 35 cubic meters and a ayward sand filter , until now i had no problem , but i noticed recently that the pressure stays low , under 5 psi , and when i put the DE , it passes through the sand filter ans goes to the pool.Any idea of investigation?The sand is one year old and i dont think there is anything broken in the filter.

Thanks

Sounds like the screen is torn. I didn't know you could put DE in a sand filter.

there is no screen , only what we call lateral...And yes , its a trick to put DE in a sand filter , its the only way i found to have crystal clear water with my sand filter.

If DE is getting in the pool, there is a leak near the top of or above the sand bed. That leak may be the up-pipe or the multiport.

The low pressure may be the result of a clogged impeller on the pump or air getting in side the pump.

Scott