Fix-A-Leak

Anyone have any experience with this product? I have a tub that is about 10 years old now and is showing a lot of little puddles around the perimeter of it. Its a spray insulated tub, which I have spent countless hours digging apart. Filled with mouse crap and piss, really nice job. I have found a couple of steady leaks, hoses chewed a little bit etc. I'm just wondering how well the above product works? I intend to physically repair the fittings that I can actually see leaking, but if there is anything under the tub, this concerns me. I don't want to spend a fortune getting this tub leak free if I can avoid it. Its not a new tub so I expected some speed bumps. Also, its a big Sunrise spa, 7 person unit.

Any feedback would be valueable.

Thanks again.

I am just a consumer not a spa repair tech, so be forewarned my opinion may not be worth much, so...

If I were faced with the unsavory task of doing a proper repair on a 10 year old Sunrise Spa in the condition you describe or trying a bottle of Fix-a-leak I would think about it overnight and then do the following:

Either buy a bottle of fix-a-leak

or

Try to get the tub off my hands for as little effort or expense as possible.

I just finished repairing a leak using Fix-a-Leak and found it to be an absolutely amazing product. I was actually able to locate the leak in my Sundance Capri. It would emit a drop about every 20 seconds at a connection that brought three small lines into one large line that was impossible to patch. I removed the filter and filled the tub to about three-quarter full. I pushed a half inch diameter tube as far as I could into the filter port (where the pump sucks water out of the tub through the filter) and attached a small funnel to pour Fix-a-Leak directly into the system without spilling. The tub (with the pump on) sucked it right in and in less than 10 seconds the leak stopped----absolutely amazing. To clean out the excess material I put the filter back in and ran the tub some more. After a while I removed the filter and cleaned it.

You talk about a tube of stuff. What I used is liquid that comes in a 32 oz bottle. I only used about a third of it. If you are going to use this method I would recommend buying a new bottle.

Tried it on the weekend. Initially I was impressed with it as it started to slow down the leaks, then eventually stop them. So far I have spotted only three leaks. Anyways, I had been circulating the pumps on high speed for about 6 hours. Then I put the filters back in and let the water clean itself up. Next day, leaking again from the same spots. This tub is about 1500 litres and I used about 10 oz. of the Fix-A-Leak. So not a very good experience, unless I did something wrong? Should I have drained the tub and let it dry out? Should I have used more of the product than I did?