Master Spa {Down East} Throwing Dr Code And Wont Prime

• 2 months later...

Well its been a while but here is an update on my situation :

I ordered a new pump as Dusty Bill did and installed . As soon as the tub went through its preliminary tests and the circulation pump should kick in it trips the breaker . Now I am stumped I thought it might be a bad pump so I exchanged it for a new one and the same thing happens . Any ideas ?

The heater may have developed a ground fault while you were sorting out the circ pump- try disconecting both heater leads, power it up, and see if it still trips.
I did try that and unfortunately it still trips

Does it only trip when the new pump is pluged in/wired?

Yes with the new pump unplugged it doesn't trip the breaker

Are you sure the pump is wired properly?

Did it come with the cord attached?

Is the new pump the same voltage as the original?

Yes the pump came with the cord attached and it is the same voltage . I know I cant think of anything . all the other jets work fine its just when the tub goes to prime and the new pump tries to kick in and it throws the breaker .

Did you change anything else recently, particularily- re-wire or replace the breaker- has anything changed from the time ot was working until now? (Longshot- but If you have a 220c PCB, and a 120v circ pump, as soon as the neutral is used- it will detect that as current leakage if a GFCI breaker is miswired- but if you hadn't messed with it- ignore this advice)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I am having this same issue. Checked fuses, dip switch locations, tried a new pump and still nothing. Clean filters, no clogs. Tub has worked great for years. Everything works but the circulation pump. I know this is a common issue based on using the search function here but it doesn't seem that people post the end resolution. What am I missing here? Wife is about to kick me out of the house.

Tub is a 2009 Master Spa LSX 1000.

• 2 weeks later...

I figured I would post a resolution in hopes of helping someone else in the future. Pump was bad and when it died it "tripped " the board . The tech said it is like when your computer freezes up. He switched the first dip switch and put the tub in test mode to reset everything. Tested circ pump circ by plugging in pump 4 and it worked. Ordered a new circ pump, and everything now works great.

• 3 years later...

i have a 2003 downeast filled last week had a bunch of codes 24 05 71 55  went to prime mode then nothing bypassed with the temp button like i saw on a previous text nothing happens found a burnt spot on circuit board replaced for 500 bucks how can i have the same codes and the same problem can i clear the original codes heater is one year old the only thing i havent replaced is the 2 sensors in the heater any advice

• 1 year later...