How To Know What A "fair" Price Really Is?

I've been thinking of getting a hot tub for a number of years and have even visited a few dealers over that period of time, well I'm to the point where I'm going to pull the trigger and as of today (after wet tests) I'm leaning towards the Limelight Flair from a local reputable dealer.

I know a good dealer who offers good service and support has real value over the long haul and I realize they need to make a profit to stay in business and I'm good with that. Where I'm struggling is knowing what a fair price is. An industry that doesn't publish prices for big ticket items is IMHO unfortunate and can easily be viewed as possessing the attitude of "take the customer for everything you can".

So my question to anyone that would care to reply is, what are the margins on a spa like the Flair?, how about the ACE system?

Thanks!

They could always give you documented fake invoice prices like the car industry.

As far as getting their best price, make a counter offer to whatever they have asked. They'll probably recounter and then you can begin negotiating. You know you're getting their final best price when they turn down your counter offer twice and let you leave.