New Home/spa Owner Vita Spa Allure

Good Afternoon everyone! I am new to this forum and new to being a Spa owner.

I recently bought a home that has a great spa built into the deck. It is the Vita Spa Allure (not sure what model exactly it is).

As I am new to Spa ownership, I am new to the chemicals required and proper routines to follow in regards to maintenance. I recently ordered a new filter and am waiting on it to replace and clean the old filter. There were some chemicals left behind but I am not sure what I should do. I imagine the best bet would be to take a water sample to a near by pool/spa place and ask exactly what I should do.

The light appears to have two settings, but I can not get the second setting to work? Has anyone else had this occur with their Vita Spa Allure?

Should I drain the spa entirely before I use it for the summer? The spa has a great cover and I've used it a few times during the winter (it was amazing and worked great!). I haven't had any issues with rashes or the water hurting my skin or any one else that has been in the tub. I do beleive it could use a good scrub down however.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Tips and tricks, etc. I'll continue looking around this forum and searching for suggestions in the meantime.